• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC Listen?

126 posts in this topic

I can tell it's going to be a great year! :D

Hey you, don't you get involved in this, you're one of the good guys!

Sorry, I must have got lost.

What does your dog think of this thread, Mike?

She's still trying to decide.

Mandyinsupermancostumehalloween2011012.jpg

Kind of funny that you are trying to argue with Branget who is one of the higher volume submitters to CGC.

Branget already said that yes you are correct about being able to sub in the method you stated, but as mentioned that isn't the most cost effective method depending on what or how many books you are subbing.

If anything he was just trying to help you but clearly you don't want help so I am not sure why anyone is even responding to your childish comments. This will be my only post on the subject so enjoy your new year.

Kind of funny that you are trying to argue with Branget who is one of the higher volume submitters to CGC.

Branget already said that yes you are correct about being able to sub in the method you stated, but as mentioned that isn't the most cost effective method depending on what or how many books you are subbing.

If anything he was just trying to help you but clearly you don't want help so I am not sure why anyone is even responding to your childish comments. This will be my only post on the subject so enjoy your new year.

He's just a shill trying to stir up trouble. Ignore him and he will be deleted by Tuesday.

I don't know that it is all that. The whole Collector's Society thing is a big deal for some folks because of the additional cost. For me it has always been worth it, just because I can monitor the individual invoices etc.

I think the point that the "n00b" was trying to make, is that there is a way to get the 10% discount without physically finding an affiliate and handing the books over to them. So for those who are cost conscious and are capable of packaging and preparing their books, they can dip their foot in the submission pool, without diving into the Collector's Society deep end.

It is important that the point not be lost for the real n00bs, just because there has been some . . . interpersonal friction. Happy New Year.

I don't know that it is all that. The whole Collector's Society thing is a big deal for some folks because of the additional cost. For me it has always been worth it, just because I can monitor the individual invoices etc.

I think the point that the "n00b" was trying to make, is that there is a way to get the 10% discount without physically finding an affiliate and handing the books over to them. So for those who are cost conscious and are capable of packaging and preparing their books, they can dip their foot in the submission pool, without diving into the Collector's Society deep end.

It is important that the point not be lost for the real n00bs, just because there has been some . . . interpersonal friction. Happy New Year.

It can be a cost savings but only for those submitting a certain number of books. With the new $5 charge and shipping it is often cost effective to submit through a 3rd party. I know any new submitters in Canada would be wise to take the 3rd party route and to a lesser extent US submitters. It is completely dependent on the number of books submitted.

This entirely went off on its own. To clarify I said a LCS does not give an additional discount not my LCS. I have eight stores I can get to by Public transit, another 15 if I drive. Not every single one of them deals with CGC, or even wants too.

I am sorry to anyone and everyone that this became something it was never meant to be.

When I have information I like to share it. When I journal I like to describe what I like about the industry.

To people like Branget, I love the Chew slabs. Not a book I would collect but seeing your graded books is worthwhile to me because...well let's face it Look at those grades.

To others who like to start the fire and rile it up, Stop. I know I don't have many posts on here and mostly it is for people that like to attack others calling them stupid. I am not in fifth grade nor have I been in a very long time.

I send in my own books from time to time. Follow my journals and you will read my joys and disappointments. This hobby is not for everyone and CGC raising their prices has people already upset in a trying age. I for one am not making anymore. For me to send in ten books to get graded means I have to work two days...at least.

If you can give me factual knowledge I will use it in a future journal, if you can't use factual knowledge and continue to make fun of others or call another stupid...well that might make it into a journal too.

Please enjoy the hobby, respect the site, and if you really want to start something start your own journal.

Tnerb

I can tell it's going to be a great year! :D

Hey you, don't you get involved in this, you're one of the good guys!

Sorry, I must have got lost.

What does your dog think of this thread, Mike?

mandy.jpg

Thank you Fing! This whole thread started when Tnerb said "you can't submit unless you have a CGC membership" and I said "that is incorrect" and I proceeded to describe why when he asked. That was it. That was my point.

Bragnet must have a reading disability and a troll/chip on his shoulder because he twisted the thread into some weird crusade he has. The whole "cost effective" thing wasn't even the main/original point (as I mentioned many times) as I also mentioned at least 4 non-monetary reasons not to submit through your LCS. Plus, the cost effective thing I've been on about is buying a membership for $109 and then submitting 3 Modern comics, which normally costs only $50. To me that's a waste of $60, YMMV. Anything else is Bragnet blather trying to prove some nonexistent point.

If people want to be stupid and not take a free 10% discount, that's their problem. If they're that stupid, I'm sure the 10% savings is the least of their worries. If people want to submit through Bragnet, that's a whole 'nother story.