• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2012 book club

991 posts in this topic

I usually count a stand alone GN as one but for Trades I break it up into how many ever issues are collected.

But that is the good thing of this contest... Make your own rules! Just go for the 1000! :banana:

I PROMISE, by Crom, I will make it happen this year! A resolution I can really work towards!

That is what I did last year as well. All my manga books, I only counted them as I even though they are 200 +/- pages but for collected editions I counted the number of issues collected. For 100 pagers I just counted them as 3 issues, anything smaller like the DC Giants and regular issues, I counted as 1.

I fell short by 31 issues last year, so :wishluck: for this year.

I think I'll give this a shot this year. Sounds like fun!

Good luck, it's lotsafun...just don't try and combine it with writing about it in your blog. I tried that last year and it bored even me... :cry:

Good luck, it's lotsafun...just don't try and combine it with writing about it in your blog. I tried that last year and it bored even me... :cry:

My hope is that the other three girls who help out will write more this year. Maybe give me a break and save my sanity. :whistle:

My hope is that the other three girls who help out will write more this year. Maybe give me a break and save my sanity. :whistle:

Ooh, I know the feeling, I'm now in my 8th year with my comic blog and it will probably be my last. For the last two years I've struggled to write anything at all and have to face the fact that I'm reaching a whole lot more people through my Youtube channel in a week than I do with my blog in a year. :(

Ooh, I know the feeling, I'm now in my 8th year with my comic blog and it will probably be my last. For the last two years I've struggled to write anything at all and have to face the fact that I'm reaching a whole lot more people through my Youtube channel in a week than I do with my blog in a year. :(

I'm thinking of adding video blogs with Julie. She's pretty good at them, and she lives down the street from me. lol

I'm thinking of adding video blogs with Julie. She's pretty good at them, and she lives down the street from me. lol

Sorry about that Lauren.

I've been busy with stuff at home (and one po'ed cat of mine lol )

I'm in also. Been thinking about it all day and it sounds like a good enough new years resolution to me. I'm currently reading the essential human torch, and they only reprint the human torch half of strange tales so I'm only counting those as half a comic. I'm assuming we just do updates on this thread or can we start a thread in the journals section?

I am in, now I am trying to figure out how to setup a tracker but the trying to conceive one just doesn't seem to do what I want for this.

Also my wife knocked the out of me when I told her I will not only read 1000 comics this year but I will be knocking her up also. :insane:

I am in, now I am trying to figure out how to setup a tracker but the trying to conceive one just doesn't seem to do what I want for this.

Also my wife knocked the out of me when I told her I will not only read 1000 comics this year but I will be knocking her up also. :insane:

:signfunny::golfclap: