• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Secret Wars II
1 1

153 posts in this topic

Secret Wars II makes all the deities, across all the pantheons, throughout all the sentient life-bearing galaxies in the universe, cry.

I grabbed the mini-series to read tonight. I'm in need of a good cry.

You will shed tears of joy. :cloud9:

Secret Wars II makes all the deities, across all the pantheons, throughout all the sentient life-bearing galaxies in the universe, cry.

He'll be glad it's over.

That is if he doesn't strangle himself halfway through. :P

He'll be glad it's over.

That is if he doesn't strangle himself halfway through. :P

:o

But...but..I converted you... :cry:

I am Landru. YOU will be absorbed.

I got halfway through # 1 and it was all I could do not to drink the bottle of Draino under the sink.

Opened the bag they were in and promptly fell asleep. Bought some No-Doz today and will attempt again tonight.

I knew it was over when I read that Al Milgrom was going to have a substantial role in the creation of this miniseries. Such disappointment. For whatever strengths he possessed, this time for him at Marvel was not one of artistic excellence. Disappointed because the fact someone like Art Adams or John Byrne or even Bob Layton wasn't doing the art, I had absolute assurance nobody cared, it was a money grab, and it was going to suck.

Pretty spot on, if I must say so.

One wonders how much of it was painful for all concerned to write, draw, letter, color and edit. Shooter must have been drunk a lot

My nostalgic remembrances say that you are a poopy head. :sumo:

:whee:

Your nostalgic remembrances are clearly both concussed and drunk. Plus, I feel sorry for you that you've got such a craptastic selection of things with which to wax nostalgic that this could even make the list.

I've had loose bowel movements I'm more nostalgic about than this steaming pile of a miniseries

Nope what I am saying is that your love of SWII makes me feel a ton better about this:

IMG00721-20120111-2006.jpg

lol

That's so awesome. :applause:

Best thing I've seen all day! :roflmao:

Hey wait, is that a variant cover? That doesn't look like the cover I remember.....

I read the Daredevil crossover in which the Beyonder gives Murdock his sight back. It was a decent issue, but I didn't buy the whole "take it back" ending. It did get me thinking, though, how many times has Daredevil/Murdock had his vision restored?

I knew it was over when I read that Al Milgrom was going to have a substantial role in the creation of this miniseries. Such disappointment. For whatever strengths he possessed, this time for him at Marvel was not one of artistic excellence. Disappointed because the fact someone like Art Adams or John Byrne or even Bob Layton wasn't doing the art, I had absolute assurance nobody cared, it was a money grab, and it was going to suck.

Pretty spot on, if I must say so.

One wonders how much of it was painful for all concerned to write, draw, letter, color and edit. Shooter must have been drunk a lot

My nostalgic remembrances say that you are a poopy head. :sumo:

:whee:

Your nostalgic remembrances are clearly both concussed and drunk. Plus, I feel sorry for you that you've got such a craptastic selection of things with which to wax nostalgic that this could even make the list.

I've had loose bowel movements I'm more nostalgic about than this steaming pile of a miniseries

You mentioned poop three times. hm

I have no doubt my nostalgia is warped and damaged much like the rest of me. :) I am a sentimental dipwad and usually go googoo for the unwanted junk sometimes.

I like strays and SWII fits that bill. :banana:

I am awash with anticipation for the 2012 Xmas season so that I may be able to spread the joy of SWII to you and Fingh and all the rest of the jaded souls that have missed the pure happiness that is SWII. :whee: