• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can't get enough of modern Deadpool comics.

23 posts in this topic

Extremely random.

Never been a deadpool fan really, but started recently reading the 2008 series on comixology on the go. And am now a huge fan.

love the comedy / somewhat slapstick take on a "superhero" it's fun and want to see more.

Fun quick humor to bring you up on boring / tough days.

Thanks Marvel. :headbang:

Extremely random.

Never been a deadpool fan really, but started recently reading the 2008 series on comixology on the go. And am now a huge fan.

love the comedy / somewhat slapstick take on a "superhero" it's fun and want to see more.

I have comixology on my Kindle Fire,and I would like to try Deadpool. I am just worried it would be a major disappointment like the New 52 Omnibus was. Is there any Deadpool issues that you recommend? hm

most carp that he's overexposed but i really liked Merc with a Mouth- the image of him toting around his wisecracking zombified head is a winner

Absolutely :applause:lol

On the overexposure, I've heard that before as well from a few but never felt that way myself nor was I a fan before I read the series. Only saw him in x-men / wolverine a few time but it never felt overdone.

Now that I do enjoy the series I almost feel there is not enough of him to read.

Extremely random.

I have comixology on my Kindle Fire,and I would like to try Deadpool. I am just worried it would be a major disappointment like the New 52 Omnibus was. Is there any Deadpool issues that you recommend? hm

I was also disappointed overall in the new DC, I read about 20 of the 52 new titles. Was disappointed in the stories and character development in all the batman series for example. And superman #1 almost started to bore me.

But strangely i really enjoyed Aquaman, Supergirl, and the Red Hood and the outlaws.

So you can kinda feel my interests in that regard.

I would suggest starting with issue 1 that's my preference. But if you just want a taste I'd recommended issues 10-12 the three parter where he fights bullseye who's in a hawk eye outfit. (that's no a spoiler they tell you it right away) I've only gotten through issue 14 but so far 10-12 were my few favs.

If you want a different route for a superhero book, this funny, non-serious take was really enjoyable in my opinion! :headbang:

Extremely random.

I was also disappointed overall in the new DC, I read about 20 of the 52 new titles. Was disappointed in the stories and character development in all the batman series for example. And superman #1 almost started to bore me.

But strangely i really enjoyed Aquaman, Supergirl, and the Red Hood and the outlaws.

I would suggest starting with issue 1 that's my preference. But if you just want a taste I'd recommended issues 10-12 the three parter where he fights bullseye who's in a hawk eye outfit. (that's no a spoiler they tell you it right away) I've only gotten through issue 14 but so far 10-12 were my few favs.

If you want a different route for a superhero book, this funny, non-serious take was really enjoyable in my opinion! :headbang:

I agree with you about the new Superman titles they bored me as well. I will try the Deadpool`s over the next week. (thumbs u

Extremely random.

I agree with you about the new Superman titles they bored me as well. I will try the Deadpool`s over the next week. (thumbs u

can't wait for the 40 posts detailing why you hated them :sick:

If you enjoy Deadpool when it's a mix of meta-humor and action, the best two arcs in the current series are Bullseye (issues 10-12) and Whatever A Spider-Can (issues 19-21).

In both of those arcs Way really hit well and art is great (Paco Medina for Bullseye and Carlos Barberi ((who really needs to do an Amazing Spider-Man run)) for Whatever a Spider Can).

The other really good story line has been Magnum Opus, the crossover with the Thunderbolts.

a lot of ppl hate Daniel Way's run, but I think it's phenomenal. it is completely different from any other DP ever written. A downside: oftentimes you have to stop reading to figure out what's going on, but if you put in the time, you will find it vastly rewarding.

the best place to start? pick up Deadpool Volume 1 hardcover (oversized). run you about $20-$25 on eBay. it covers the first 12 issues or so from the series and two crossover issues with the thunderbolts. if you don't like this GN, you won't like the rest of the series.

best scene? after bullseye (dressed as hawkeye) shoots an arrow through DP's head and DP stumbles off, trying to get away... Bullseye yells at him, "FLY YOU BEAUTIFUL BIRD! FLY!!" hilarious!