• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

Same here. In fact, the comic shop that I went to only had the B cover... might need to make a run back there and stock up on some copies...

Also, thank you dearest boardies for not mocking me for saying Chinatown was set in SF when it was set in LA. That being said, love that SF is the backdrop and think that'll prove interesting. I also hope that Brubaker and/or Philips make an appearance at the Image Show in February to talk about the series/sign some goodies.

It was interesting, I've read it several times already. I think at this point it's safe to say it could go about any direction. One thing is for sure though, the writing and art are spot on.

I've got a copy if each coming from eBay(I actually read this on comixology). Hopefully mine will be in tip top shape. I think these would be a great covers for a sig in red ink perhaps?

Picked up the A cover at my regular LCS on Sat. - didn't see the B cover there, went to another comic shop later in the day that had had a Brubaker signing the day before ( I was unaware until too late) and it looked like they only had the B cover in stock.

Looks interesting so far. I'm more a fan of straight up crime than horror type stories, though I do enjoy most Hellboy titles, so I find some stuff in the genre I like. I enjoyed Brubaker's Incognito series, though not as much as Criminal. As long as it's more engrossing than the last couple years of Captain America ( which I finally gave up on), it should be good.

Bought the last issue at my LCS on the positive reviews, and it was the "B" cover.

What did you think??

I think it was a decent read. Not overwhelming, not underwhelming. It's hard to be a very good true #1 issue and, with such limitations, I think it did well. I'll definitely give #2 a look.

Bought the last issue at my LCS on the positive reviews, and it was the "B" cover.

What did you think??

I think it was a decent read. Not overwhelming, not underwhelming. It's hard to be a very good true #1 issue and, with such limitations, I think it did well. I'll definitely give #2 a look.

I think that Brubaker didn't try to write a "true #1." I think that, relative to a lot of #1s, which try to grab your attention, Brubaker decided to set up story. Why? IMNSHO, because he can. He knows that there are a lot of people out there who will give anything he writes a chance, so why not take some time to set up a big story. 2c