• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

FATALE, the critically lauded horror crime noir by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips, continues its overwhelming popularity as its much-anticipated second issue has sold out at the distribution level before it is even in stores. FATALE #1 also sold out, despite a generous overprinting, and a second printing of that issue — which also has sold out — will be on the shelves on the same day that FATALE #2 hits shelves, February 1. FATALE #2 has also gone back to press, and its second printing will be in stores on February 22.

FATALE, the critically lauded horror crime noir by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips, continues its overwhelming popularity as its much-anticipated second issue has sold out at the distribution level before it is even in stores. FATALE #1 also sold out, despite a generous overprinting, and a second printing of that issue — which also has sold out — will be on the shelves on the same day that FATALE #2 hits shelves, February 1. FATALE #2 has also gone back to press, and its second printing will be in stores on February 22.

:headbang:

now granted this is press hype from the publisher, but nice to know that they're at least selling out. I'll have to hoof it over to a couple lcs and grab a few tomorrow.

It would be nice to know the print run. I keep hearing "over printed", but wouldn't that mean something different to an Indie Company as opposed to a major one?

what's generous for Image may be anemic for Marvel/DC....i do know the Image stacks in my lcs's are about 1/10 the size of the marvel/dc stacks on comic day (when the doors open).

That's what I'm saying. I don't think the print run was GREAT. Shoot, didn't people complain that their LCSs didn't carry it, including in my area? I really hope that my LCS ordered some this time around. Don't like paying shipping prices for new books. :P

ok went to 2 LCS today, both pretty large in size, the 1st one i went to had 5 Fatale #2 (they no longer have those), the 2nd one i went to had NONE. Neither lcs had the 2nd printing of #1.

I ask the 2nd store, he said they only had enough #2 for pulls. I also asked him why he doesn't have the 2nd printing. He says they don't order 2nd printings unless they sell out

I told him you are sold out...he said no i had enough for pulls so there might be some in the pull slots so they're not officially sold out. He checked to order the 2nd printing and said, oh i guess they're on the 3rd printing now.

:ohnoez:

Visited my LCS this morning. Found 4 copies in 9.8 condition of #2. Owner is now convinced and will be ordering them from now on. He enjoyed the 1st issue and stated that it was well written. Sweet, no more ordering online. Got my copy. Can't wait to go home after work and read it with a mug of mud.

No 2nd print #1s, though. I'm sure those are even less of a print, but not a completist anymore...thank God.

i'm thinking there aren't many at all of the 1 2nd printing......must be a painfully low print run. Unfortunately of the 5 #2s i found only one might get a 9.8.

i think i liked this issue more than the 1st one...fun read. this book seems to be flying very low under the radar (at least with the lcs's). Wondering if it's a limited series as each book is considered a chapter.

From E-mail with Mark Hay:

"My preferred methods of payment are money orders, cashier's checks, or personal checks. I do allow 5-7 days for personal checks to clear my account before I ship off the order."

"I will accept Paypal, but I would ask you to pay for the 4% Paypal fee. One other option with paypal would be to choose the "Personal" payment tab, just under the "Amount" field on the send money page. Select "Payment Owed" or "Gift" and assume the fee. This fee would be considerably lower than what they charge recipients."

Happy shopping! Someone had already nabbed page 2 before I even could look at it.

Ryan

Just came in the mail today:

Fatale1Page1.jpg

oh, and this...

Fatale1CoverA-1.jpg

Pumped. Up.

Nice,

I'm actually looking for some money to hit me pretty soon so I can buy a couple covers my self...shouldn't have gotten greedy with my Walking Dead pages :blush: Anyhow, save a few for me lol

Nice,

I'm actually looking for some money to hit me pretty soon so I can buy a couple covers my self...shouldn't have gotten greedy with my Walking Dead pages :blush: Anyhow, save a few for me lol

Don't worry, I think this may be it for my Fatale OA purchases. My Chew OA collection pretty much eats all of my OA budget!