• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

former 8.5 cgc Avengers 4 now 9.6 pgx

116 posts in this topic

Didn't the dude in the video with the swapped TMNT book end up posting evidence that PGX cut him a check for part of the lost value in his 1st print coming up missing and there being a 3rd printing in that case instead? Pretty damning evidence if they didn't just tell him to f off.

That Avengers 4 was purchased at the last Portland Comic Book Show. Here's a pic of Ryan Elliott looking at the book before putting a down payment on it. Ryan Elliott is the turd in the beard, black t-shirt, and yellow striped scarf:

120153.jpg.c00afca344f13313213aa0c0cf03e270.jpg

That Avengers 4 was purchased at the last Portland Comic Book Show. Here's a pic of Ryan Elliott looking at the book before putting a down payment on it. Ryan Elliott is the turd in the beard, black t-shirt, and yellow striped scarf:

God I hope some sucker didnt do a buy it now :mad:

That big arrow is classic

When I found out he was buying that book, I knew it wouldn't be long before this CGC 8.5 would magically be transformed into a high grade faux by none other than PGX.

You can cover a piece of mess with frosting, but it's still a piece of mess.

Didn't the dude in the video with the swapped TMNT book end up posting evidence that PGX cut him a check for part of the lost value in his 1st print coming up missing and there being a 3rd printing in that case instead? .

Yes.

How can that be the "highest graded copy" when another site claims to have another 9.6? Sighhhh... I wish I had the free time to prank this guy, alå scambaiter .

I sent him some questions to open up a discussion on the book. I can't wait for him to respond to the initial questions so I can start throwing some hardballs at him.

EDIT: He openly admits it is the 8.5 when responding to me. Says the only thing done to it was a pressing to flatten out a spine curl that ran all the way down the book.

In all honesty how likely is a pressing to remove this type of defect and raise a book from an 8.5 to a 9.6? Would love to hear from Joeypost on this.

I sent him some questions to open up a discussion on the book. I can't wait for him to respond to the initial questions so I can start throwing some hardballs at him.

EDIT: He openly admits it is the 8.5 when responding to me. Says the only thing done to it was a pressing to flatten out a spine curl that ran all the way down the book.

In all honesty how likely is a pressing to remove this type of defect and raise a book from an 8.5 to a 9.6? Would love to hear from Joeypost on this.

if the guy that owns the book is also the guy grading it and slabbing it, i'd say it's a pretty likely outcome

if the guy that owns the book is also the guy grading it and slabbing it, i'd say it's a pretty likely outcome

It's a blatant conflict of interest. Anyone who works for any grading company should be barred from selling the products their grading.

you never know, it could drop a grade (shrug)

It's a blatant conflict of interest. Anyone who works for any grading company should be barred from selling the products their grading.

He put a small down payment and picked it up the next day.Elliott bought the book,maybe even graded it himself.