• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

former 8.5 cgc Avengers 4 now 9.6 pgx

116 posts in this topic

I am a legend, how is it possible I get mentioned in this thread :).

Ryan was also at the Seattle show. Spent a lot of time in the booth across from me.

I know who's booth that was. What's even funnier is he was trying to talk the dealer who owned the booth into having some of his walking dead books signed at the show. I commented that he needed a CGC witness or faciilitator in order to garner the yellow label. I got a dirty look as be walked away. Greggy later pointed out to me who he was.

Ryan was also at the Seattle show. Spent a lot of time in the booth across from me.

...and from the looks of it, he's a member of the "Dringenberg Hair Club For Men."

Looks like I'll be putting in a 9,999,999 bid.

If you do that, I will officially put your picture next to Charles Bronson, Robert Culp and Oakman on my @SS KICKERS HALL OF FAME wall.

How did Robert Culp make the list? I SPY? Outer Limits? I loved the guy.

OL-DemonWithGlass15.jpeg

Demon with a Glass Hand. One of my favorite episodes. I want that hand. With all the fingers of course.

My favorite OL episode, but ... you can really tell it's the second season when they had no budget. The hand is about the worst prop ever. When he has a glove on it, he can flex the fingers and it appears to be of normal size -- because it's Culp's real hand :D . When he takes the glove off, the prop hand is too large and it's obvious that the fingers are not jointed and can't be flexed.

The list is interesting anyway:

10 writers published in Playboy

Yea I don't think it'd be a good idea to open that at work, but I believe I saw the same list yesterday.

There are some pretty significant authors on that list.

Homer got his start in Penthouse.

The list is interesting anyway:

10 writers published in Playboy

Yea I don't think it'd be a good idea to open that at work, but I believe I saw the same list yesterday.

There are some pretty significant authors on that list.

The only pictures are of the writers, fully clothed, thank goodness. :) I quipped to myself as I read it, "maybe he mixed up Jack Kerouac and E.R. Burroughs?"

Looks like I'll be putting in a 9,999,999 bid.

If you do that, I will officially put your picture next to Charles Bronson, Robert Culp and Oakman on my @SS KICKERS HALL OF FAME wall.

How did Robert Culp make the list? I SPY? Outer Limits? I loved the guy.

OL-DemonWithGlass15.jpeg

Demon with a Glass Hand. One of my favorite episodes. I want that hand. With all the fingers of course.

My favorite OL episode, but ... you can really tell it's the second season when they had no budget. The hand is about the worst prop ever. When he has a glove on it, he can flex the fingers and it appears to be of normal size -- because it's Culp's real hand :D . When he takes the glove off, the prop hand is too large and it's obvious that the fingers are not jointed and can't be flexed.

Harlan Ellison wrote the best OL episodes. :cloud9:

I like the hand, with the palm being the CPU and the fingers being additional memory - rather prescient.

I always give OL a pass, since the budget was so low and they still managed to achieve ground breaking effects, but I always felt the Kyben makeup definitely could have been better.

Interestingly, the episode was filmed in the Bradbury Building in L.A., the same location used for the final scenes of Blade Runner.

Wow did they clean up this thread or what? They must have just chose an arbitrary spot to just cut it too...

I think the thread was first published in an issue of Playboy.

Much like Edgar Rice Burroughs.

I hear Jules Verne got his start in GQ magazine.

giggle.gif

Was it John Hauser?

Yes

Check out youtube, there's a video from a guy who subbed a TMNT #1 1st print to PGX. He got it back and cracked it out to sub it to CGC to get a comparative grade only to discover they (PGX) had switched out his 1st print woth a 3rd print.

:o

Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZJ4VwFHSp4

since the book left the field of view several times theoretically it could have been switched for a slabbed 3rd printing....

You must not collect Turtles books.... Stop the video at 0:17. You can clearly see that PGX states that it is a 1st print and look at the T in Turtles. You will see that there are multiple blood stains in it. That is the tell tale sign of a third print. 1st and 2nd Prints don't have that (here look at mine)

11192900923_39bbe61dfe_b.jpg