• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any way to reduce moldy odor on original art piece?

5 posts in this topic

Get yourself a plastic bin that can seal. Put a layer of cat litter in the bottom. Place art on top, seal. 2 weeks later, no moldy smell, just the fragrance of the litter, which will dissipate. Baking soda works too, but its messy. Works for books from smoke filled homes, too. I seal those in a paper bag for a bit with the aforementioned.

John

Get yourself a plastic bin that can seal. Put a layer of cat litter in the bottom. Place art on top, seal. 2 weeks later, no moldy smell, just the fragrance of the litter, which will dissipate. Baking soda works too, but its messy. Works for books from smoke filled homes, too. I seal those in a paper bag for a bit with the aforementioned.

John

Thank you, I'll give it a try. Unfortunately the painting is very large!

How about Micro Chamber Paper?

Store the it in a mylar bag w/acid free back board and throw in a sheet or two of micro chamber paper? The paper attracts small particles like order particles. It's just a thought. Anyhow, Bags unlimited carries semi large bags but can also custom make a bag to fit.