• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price variant

8 posts in this topic

• Administrator

PRICE VARIANT. A comic book that has a different cover price than others of the same comic book and that was intended for distribution in the same country.

Will Price Variant get different slot (of the same issue) in the Registry Set? How do you score Price Variant if there is no records of previous sale?

I have couple books that qualified to your Price Variant's description but not marked in the label, what do I need to do to get the Price Variant in the label and the submission fee?

Thanks!

According to your definition, I have couple CGC books that qualified for PRICE VARIANT but currently slabbed under blue label and yellow label. Can I resubmit these books and what tier should I submit them under: reholder with new label correction or modern tier?

• Administrator

It would be best to call and verify that the comics are eligible for the Price Variant designation, but if they are they should be submitted on a ReHolder submission form with a note asking for the change in designation on the labels.

It would be best to call and verify that the comics are eligible for the Price Variant designation, but if they are they should be submitted on a ReHolder submission form with a note asking for the change in designation on the labels.

Hi,

In the case discussed here, if the book qualified for price variant, is there a charge for the reholder fee to correct the label? and in case of totally wrong label, mislabeled regular version instead of the variant cover of the book, will there be fee for reholder? Do you charge the return shipping? how much?

Thanks!

• Administrator

If your book is not labeled correctly we will correct the label, recase it, and ship it back. We ask that you list the book on a Reholder submission form for tracking purposes but there will be no charge for the correction. If you have any questions please call customer service at 877-662-6642.

Forgot where i read it but it is from this forum stating that "cgc doesn't recognize newsstand Edition as variant to the same issue of the book and they won't get separate register spot in the competitive set", can you confirm this?

However you recognized Price variant of the book based on your definition to the first question. What if the book is newsstand and does have different price than the retail/direct version, does this book qualified as price variant for submission and if they get separate spot in the competitive set?

Thank you for your answer.