• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Thanos Copter!

67 posts in this topic

spideythanos6.jpg

This ending (Thanos trips and drops the cube) sounds like one I would come up with on a super hero bedtime story I tell my 5 year old when I am getting sleepy and about to pass out and I need to wrap up the story quick.

This should be in the next Avengers movie.

Easy. The Avengers destroy his chair, and he launches a counterattack against them in the Copter.

This should be in the next Avengers movie.

Easy. The Avengers destroy his chair, and he launches a counterattack against them in the Copter.

Somebody on the boards would complain that it wasn't the right type of Copter.

I know what you mean - it has all the depth and sophistication of a Bronze Age Hostess Twinkie advertisement.

Exactly -- because trying to save the universe by having the Silver surfer snatch at a glove, and stealing the plot from Weird Science (using the cube to craft your she-Thanos version of Kelly LeBrock) is somewhere between Tolstoy and Shakespeare :grin:

But it called my attention to this thread... and since I've got the scan sitting around already, and since most of the images are gone after the bucket fiasco...

Obviously not high grade, but I think it's a really nice looking copy anyway and I'm happy with it.  The black cover just shows every flaw; though.

Spidey_Super_Stories_39.jpg

On 7/18/2018 at 8:50 AM, ygogolak said:

Thanos Copter Coming To Comic-Con

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/thanos-copter-comic-con

thanos-copter-4.jpg

Thanks for the link!  Buying one of them now.

I see the original Thanos Copter art page with the image used on the new toy's box is in a gallery on the Comic Art website. Other than the Chuck Norris #1 cover this may very well be the coolest page of art in any of the gallery's.

Spidey39p21CAF.jpg

Edited by MAR1979

14 hours ago, MAR1979 said:

Thanks for the link!  Buying one of them now.

I see the original Thanos Copter art page with the image used on the new toy's box is in a gallery on the Comic Art website. Other than the Chuck Norris #1 cover this may very well be the coolest page of art in any of the gallery's.

Spidey39p21CAF.jpg

That is an outstanding splash page and one that is very close to me  ;)

I still maintain the Thanos Cosmic Cube Story from #39 not only the best Spidey Super Stories story of the run but the greatest Thanos story presented in Comic book form. The single thing that keeps it from being perfection is no Starlin pencils although Mortimer did outstanding work, IMHO The Cat [or is it Hellcat?] never looked so fine. 

The intro to Avengers 4 film needs to have Thanos negotiating the purchase of the copter and the silk screening of his name on the side! 

Edited by 35CentEra

2 hours ago, 35CentEra said:

The intro to Avengers 4 film needs to have Thanos negotiating the purchase of the copter and the silk screening of his name on the side

Still convinced that if his hovering chair is ever destroyed, he has The Copter ready and waiting as backup transportation.