• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Collection

29 posts in this topic

wow great writeup!

I have so been in that same exact scenario before.

I had lost a box of reg insured mail full of Frazetta CGC SS. (7 total books all 9.2 + Creepys etc.)

What really stunk was that I under insured it cuz I was being cheap on insurance and reg. insured mail has never failed.........my package got misplaced at JFK apparently.

I am really happy you got your books! Nice grades. Best of luck with everything! Those racks are sweet :)

I forgot to add that my package was lost for 2 weeks............and I still had to decide between the claim or keep looking.

When they showed up my partner and I went insane! It was a party lol

So, another aside...

I received my first negative feedback yesterday.

It is a long story, but I will break it down once the eBay 'investigation' concludes.

Basically what occured was that a buyer's package was damaged and he wanted to return it.

I accepted the return and refunded him the cost of the comic (not the shipping as well).

He was not happy.

In the end, before he left the feedback and knew I wasn't going to budge, I broke it down to him like this:

$8.09 (comic) + $5.90 (money paid for shipping) = $13.99 total paid to me

$13.99 (total) - $5.90 (money paid to USPS for shipping) = $8.09 left to me

$8.09 (my money) - $8.09 (refund) = $0 left to me

0 (my money) - $5.90 = -$5.90

To which he responded:

Do you understand that when I paid the $13.99 it had the $5.90 in it for shipping. You didnt pay anything out of pocket. But when you said you would give a refund that you committed to paying back the full purchase amount. That is how it works and why most buryers wont make a purchase without using paypal for buyer protection.

This was my final statement to him before the negative feedback:

It did have the $5.90 shipping included in the total, but that $5.90 shipping was paid to someone (USPS) to do a job.

A job you have admitted they did poorly.

Why should I pay $5.90 out of my pocket because the USPS cannot perform their job correctly?

He opened a case, eBay / Paypal froze $5.90...

Was I too hard?

Should I given in?

Should I not accept returns?

I am going to create a text block that explains all this and will be included in all future auction listings.

Hi umyeahwhatevers,

I'm not taking sides but who will take the $5.90 hit? The buyer??

My opinion you should have gave him the $5.90. It's just such a low amount. That 1 feedback might've cost you customers. Now you have to deal with PayPal. And more than likely PayPal will take $5.90 from your account and give it to the buyer. Now you out money with a negative feedback.

With my auctions I always include insurance. So if the book is $8.09 (book) + $5.09 (Shipping) + $1.65 (Insurance) + 0.75 (Delivery Confirmation) = $15.58.

If anything happens to the item I will give the buyer a full refund including the shipping cost. Then I will make a claim to the USPS amount of $15.58.

Thanks.

I will begin automatically including insurance in my future auctions.

Also, I will pay the money rather than have it forced from me.

Now that I have a negative, it doesn't make me fear them anymore.

*Update - eBay will not allow me to close the open case...waiting to see what they say...even if I 'win' by decision I will contact the buyer and sent the refund.

Finally, back to the collection.

With all the buzz over X-O Manowar and the Valiant relaunch I decided to find the box I thought would be worth the least...

Here they are:

7166160660_387b0971b1_z.jpg

Here are the ones eBay says are worth the most:

7166169730_93706e660a_z.jpg

Links to the various PGM threads:

PGM X-O Manowar #1

PGM Archer & Armstrong #0

PGM Archer & Armstrong #1