• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

Thanks Joey and glad you made it back safe and sound.

Its been a brutal homecoming since we got back. The rental house had some light flooding. A tornando touched down behind our home, ripped out half the screens around my pool enclosure and dropped a ton of debris everywhere. Add all that to the fact my homeowner's policy was almost cancelled due to Citizen's not processing my snail mail payment that I mailed out before leaving for NC.

All in all, I think I'd rather be in Carolina.

:boo:

I like NC. Having lived in several states, it has much to offer.

I recall seeing you smile once so it must not have been completely offensive or was that just because you got a commission off the Bob Hope sale?

alright....first post here....after lurking the forums here hardcore for the past year and absorbing as much info as I possibly could while re-getting my feet wet into the world of comics and trying not to make the same mistakes as 20 years ago when i originally collected/stopped and ending up with a massive pile of worthless junk!

wife and I spur of the moment decided to make the trip to charlotte (live about an hour and a half away) for day one of heroes. got there set out with a few things planned out to try to grab and luckily got all that taken care of, but then due to poor poor planning on our part decided to go ahead and call it a day around three PM and head off to eat food and make our way back home.

it was the first convention I had been to since probably 1995 or so been collecting/reading/buying/selling comics again now for a little over a year and had been dying to make it to a convention.

needless to say, it may have only lasted 5 hours for me, but it was a heavenly five hours at that!

a couple photos of the haul, picked up the underwater welder to ship up to my best friend, the other items we got signed were more just because we liked the books/wanted to get SOMETHING signed. didn't have the money at the moment to submit some items for SS CGC grading that we have put away - so went with some other issues we didn't care about as much instead

tl:dr

a couple pics:

heroes6.jpg

heroes7.jpg

heroes3.jpg

got a few other photos posted here: http://www.page63.com/comics/

overall had a blast, wish we woulda had more time to plan beforehand, but that is what the next trip will be for!

Glad that everybody had such a great time. I, for one, cannot wait until next year. There are a lot of smaller stops to make along the way, though...

See you fellow North Carolinians at the Crowne Plaza on August 5th!!