• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

Oh to be young again................ lol

hah :)

The Machine Head show about killed me... this might be the last year for mosh pits for me... just turned 34, and it's already starting to show!

You're a young'un Jim :baiting: just a few years older than my son

I know I'm getting old when the only two places you mention that I've been to are the Double Door and the Milestone :)

The Machine Head show about killed me... this might be the last year for mosh pits for me... just turned 34, and it's already starting to show!

:preach:

You're old too.

:makepoint:

You're old too.

:makepoint:

But im not too old.

:grin:

Let me ask you guys a question trying to wait until i see more of a list for HerosCon 2012 before purchasing tickets. But went last year for the first time and was wandering do all the artist charge for sketches because I thought some of them weren't while others were but really didnt have alot of sketches to be done last year. Also how does the process of sketches go when it comes to CGC them, do you have to get them to CGC and tell them what you want or you get it done and take it to the CGC booth?

Let me ask you guys a question trying to wait until i see more of a list for HerosCon 2012 before purchasing tickets. But went last year for the first time and was wandering do all the artist charge for sketches because I thought some of them weren't while others were but really didnt have alot of sketches to be done last year. Also how does the process of sketches go when it comes to CGC them, do you have to get them to CGC and tell them what you want or you get it done and take it to the CGC booth?

You set up the sketch with the artist. Then have someone from CGC go with you to pickup the book when it is complete.

and not all artists charge... it's totally up to them.

I got Erik Larsen to sketch on the backing boards for a few of my SD comics the few years he's been there... he's always awesome, and they've always been free.

Peter Laird did a free sketch for me on my TMNT #1... come to think of it, I think the whole Mirage crew sketched for free on my TMNT (vol. 4) #1...

The only CGC book I've gotten at Heroes was a Shock Suspense #1 / Feldstein. Al charged (I think it was $10... maybe $20), but it was pretty easy to get one of the CGC guys to go with me... dude stood there with me, I got the sig, and that was that. Easy! (This is still the only book I've submitted to CGC!)

I've submitted tons of stuff at Heroes over the years and gotten sketches ranging from free on up and up. It all depends on who it is, if they like you, or if they think you are out to make a quick buck off their stuff or not. Since they are there to have a good time, make some money and network anything you do to help sure won't hurt. :thumbsup:

I may get a room and a hooker or two.

Definitely Two............... lol

hm

Or three... maybe it will be a good night

:roflmao:

Nah, just drink twice as much and it will seem like four! Huh, I thougt for sure there was a drunk emoticon....

Hey, I've seen where Sergio is cancelling some shows. Is he likely to still be coming to Heroes?

He's still on the schedule and its still several months out. Has he been canceling shows later than Heroescon?