• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This auction made me laugh. Beware overgraded books!!!

4 posts in this topic

I wanted to post a link to this auction to show you guys the danger of buying non-cgc graded VF/NM books. If you blow up the scan you can see this guy is either not a very good grader or an outright liar. So I go to the ebay search engine and type in Tales of Suspense 52 and it doesn't come up. At this point I am confused. So I type in NM and go through like four pages of auctions and there it is.....Tales of Suspence #52. Now I'll be the first to admit I'm a bad speller but he had the book right in front of him. But the worst part is how overgraded it is. I need this book and when I saw the VF/NM in the title I was excited but I was bummed when I saw the scan. Be careful of overgraded books guys. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32744&item=2152263555

Have a good week,,

Ericc123

Very true! I got caught in one those type of things myself. Bought a Spidey #135 from someone who stated it as Very Fine in the auction, but got it and it was clearly a VG at best...corner piece out, lots of dings, a worn spine and marker writing of someone's name on the first page inside.

Of course when I contacted him, he made me feel like I didn't know what I was talking about and said it was graded by "a major New York comic book dealer" who happened to be a friend of his (as if that isn't a smidge of conflict of interest anyway). I basically wanted to tell him I didn't care who it was, that person cannot grade a comic book and I know what a VF looks like. But since I paid far below guide, it wasn't worth the time to set the guy straight. So you do have to be careful.