• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Man-Thing Vs Swamp Thing - a question of who's doing it

27 posts in this topic

I always feel that Man-Thing is a far more superior and much more sophisticated horror concept than Swamp Thing ever was, with or without consideration of Alan Moore's writing on the latter.

The Man-Thing has always been one of the most underrated character and title of the Bronze age. He is one of those dream characters i would like to see in the Defenders done 70s-80s style.

Edited by elseworlding

I always feel that Man-Thing is a far more superior and much more sophisticated horror concept than Swamp Thing ever was, with or without consideration of Alan Moore's writing on the latter.

The Man-Thing has always been one of the most underrated character and title of the Bronze age. He is one of those dream characters i would like to see in the Defenders done 70s-80s style.

I've got a soft spot for both but there's something about the look of Man-Thing that frightened me more as a kid (thumbs u

The run Steve Gerber put together on Man Thing is quite rightly now considered a cult classic.

I'd already cancelled the title but isn't Man-Thing now a member of the Thunderbolts?

PCC

I've got a soft spot for both but there's something about the look of Man-Thing that frightened me more as a kid (thumbs u

The run Steve Gerber put together on Man Thing is quite rightly now considered a cult classic.

I'd already cancelled the title but isn't Man-Thing now a member of the Thunderbolts?

PCC

Dai, you've got more soft spots then a poorly stuffed teddy bear :insane:

PCC

Dai, you've got more soft spots then a poorly stuffed teddy bear :insane:

What can I say that's the freewheelin' easygoing type of guy I am. (shrug):grin:

I like Man-Thing too, but other than Gerber's run, what else is there, really? That mini that came out a few years ago wasn't all that great...

At least they both have a crappy movie.

To be honest I'm not sure I'm comfortable talking about Gerber's Man-Thing! :facepalm:

16 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

the skunk in tears and holding its nose really helps seal the deal!

Beware the HEAP!

people's noses BURN at the smell of the HEAP.

Other than MT coming out a couple months before ST, MT doesn't have anything on ST. Regardless of writing, ST had Wrightson. MT had Morrow, Buscema, Mayerik etc.. Win ST. ST had sustainability. MT not so much. ST also had Moore and Tottleben and Veitch. ST wins in my book.