• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Martin SNOWMAN #1 Hall of Heroes FIRST CLASSIC COVER, '95 LADY DEATH

10 posts in this topic

Hall of Heroes was such a amazing showcase of young budding artists just waiting for that BIG break! Ethan Van Sciver (CYBERFROG), Trent Kaniuga (CREED) and MATTHEW "MATT" MARTIN (VORTEX) were the top notch newcomers and had the chops to prove it. In 1995, Martin unearthed his newest creation, a vengeful American Indian spirit known as SNOWMAN! Nothing could stop this living powerhouse for long and thus began the infamous bodycount.

As far as I'm concerned, this cover serves as the creature's very first appearance since it was used in various promos of the upcoming series. PLEASE NOTE: This is the first time this item has ever been offered to the public as it was purchased directly through the artist by me. This is the very first cover to SNOWMAN by Matthew MATT Martin in 1995. He's done a few homages since then but nothing compares to this one - the original. I must admit, the scan doesn't do the artwork justice - the incredible detail is simply breathtaking! Matt's art representative, Dave Kopecki, recently commented this cover was by far, Matt's most important piece to date and that includes all the gorgeous covers for AVATAR's LADY DEATH series!!!. Original art is signed by the artist. The art itself is in excellant condition. The art is roughly 7 by 10 1/4 - the very same size of all of Martin's VORTEX work at the time.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=716297&GSub=108678

Order will include a few personal letters from Matt and throw in a few Snowman books, too. Please email me with any questions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330678845855