• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking about making a probation sub-forum

65 posts in this topic

Well if we could get sub-forums in the new thread, where each incident would have its own thread, there would be no need for the old Prob Disc to remain active. It could be locked for archival use but new PL/HOS candidate discussions would occur within the relevant sub-topics.

I'd rather see dedicated threads focused on Selling Issues vs. Buying Issues to make it easier in distinguishing what the offense discussion was about. I don't think you have to go any deeper than that.

Right, DoR? :popcorn:

Well if we could get sub-forums in the new thread, where each incident would have its own thread, there would be no need for the old Prob Disc to remain active. It could be locked for archival use but new PL/HOS candidate discussions would occur within the relevant sub-topics.

I'd rather see dedicated threads focused on Selling Issues vs. Buying Issues to make it easier in distinguishing what the offense discussion was about. I don't think you have to go any deeper than that.

Honestly I'd rather see it akin to the Kudos Forum. Since we can have separate sub-topics for each person we want to give Kudos to, why not the opposite here? It would balance things nicely and may actually serve as a deterrent.

Honestly I'd rather see it akin to the Kudos Forum. Since we can have separate sub-topics for each person we want to give Kudos to, why not the opposite here? It would balance things nicely and may actually serve as a deterrent.

Seriously? Dedicated infraction threads, by individual? I just see that as getting way out of control, and people just jumping into a thread discussion just to clown around.

Wait a minute. doh!

Continue with your thought. Not sure what I was thinking there.

I'm not talking about any official one thread per person thing. Just an open area for discussion.

I'm not sold on the idea. I think it would help people to organize and highlight issues a bit, but it might also just turn into an area over-loaded with opinion fights.

WTTB :hi:

We've got a Probation Discussions thread and a General thread already. Why one more?

If Arch is going to put time into this... then maybe they could mark offending PL & HOS listers accounts so we won't have to search the lists and would know immediatly when they post.

Arch/Mods don't have to be "involved" in monetary transactions as others have noted this action would be... all Arch has to do is help identify trouble makers that were deemed that way by the community.

Just saying...

It would make searching a heck of a lot easier as well, as one could look for the "offender" name in the Subject Line of the new forum.

Again, though, I don't think a corporate owned and run message board is going to start letting Mods single individuals and give them "Scarlet Letters", so to speak, next to their names. There would also be added overhead for hem keeping track of or being PMd to remove the stigmata if a case is resolved and someone is removed.

I can see your point POV... just seems that a corporate thread that can issue a strike on an individual who breaks board policy shouldn't have a problem branding a single individual as HOS or PL candidate.

Plus can't see that as much of increase in workload... how many added in the last few months? Two... maybe three?

I do know its hard to run a multi-page thread and try to keep checking for HOS/PL members who post in the thread. I'm for anything to make it easier.

I'm for anything to make it easier.

:foryou:

In about 10 minutes you can ignore everyone on the Probation List. I didn't do the HOS'ers and couldn't find a couple probies.

:bump: 1/10/12 PROBATION LIST UPDATE :bump:

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the

Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the

Marketplace Forum:

• Herald2Galactus
    (Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

• gilbertotorres
    (added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• ComicSupply
    (added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• CAP freak
    (added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• AlleyBat aka BucOne aka WolfHulk aka Roxx Gang aka MarkWeb aka lastyle7 aka royig aka Punkkitty aka bamaboy aka Greenpep
    (added 5/23/08 - 5th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• TFL
    (added 6/2/09 - 6th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• Dr. Frankenstein aka muscleshark aka WALDO-JOHNSON
    (added 5/3/10 - 7th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• TheDanimal
    (added 8/12/10 - 8th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• MachineGunned aka William Townsend aka Chester Jordan
    (added 8/31/10 - 9th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• Joker-Fish
    (added 11/3/10 - 10th "Hall of Shame" Member)

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time. Those with an "Off-Board" notation indicate the failed transaction occurred outside of the CGC Message Boards.

GoodAsh added 1/10/12

[*] aaron568 (added 11/6/08) Profile/Ignore option

[*] BATMANFAN (added 2/9/10) Profile/Ignore option

[*] bkwon12 (added 10/08/09) Profile/Ignore option

[*] brasseye (added 7/2/09) Profile/Ignore option

[*] bronzejunkie (added 3/26/07) Profile/Ignore option

[*] Chrissr (added 12/22/09) Profile/Ignore option

[*] clobberintime (added 11/7/07) Profile/Ignore option

[*] comicmankev (added 3/27/07) Profile/Ignore option

[*] comicseekers (added 9/14/10) Profile/Ignore option

[*] daken2626 (added 10/14/11) Profile/Ignore option

[*] DarkKnight2K4 (added 4/24/08) Profile/Ignore option

[*] Dimebag_D (added 12/17/11) Profile/Ignore option

[*] donavan74 (added 3/27/07) Profile/Ignore option

[*] erbdom (added 12/08/09) Profile/Ignore option

[*] ffxmen14 (added 4/12/10) Profile/Ignore option

[*] Gaijin2010 (added 9/24/10) Profile/Ignore option

[*] Ghastly (added by majority vote 12/3/07)

[*] GoodAsh (added 1/10/12) Profile/Ignore option

[*] Hammerhead (voluntarily added 7/27/11) Profile/Ignore option

[*] Henchman (added 4/25/08)

[*] HGComics (added 10/7/09)

[*] htown79 (added 8/4/10) Profile/Ignore option

[*] holyghost (added 6/30/11) Profile/Ignore option

[*] itsatoy67 (added 9/21/11) Profile/Ignore option

[*] kevin109 (added 4/19/10) Profile/Ignore option

[*] Lighthouse (added 6/13/07) Profile/Ignore option

[*] Marc Wolfe (added 9/15/08) Profile/Ignore option

[*] Marvelguy34 (added 8/5/11) Profile/Ignore option

[*] matewan1990 (added 3/3/08) Profile/Ignore option

[*] mishu2nite (added 3/3/10) Profile/Ignore option

[*] mjacobs8 (added 1/24/09) Profile/Ignore option

[*] Nascar (added 6/2/07) Profile/Ignore option

[*] NEXTLVL (added 10/12/08) Profile/Ignore option

[*] panahobit (added 3/8/11) Profile/Ignore option

[*] rza808 (added 10/18/11) Profile/Ignore option

[*] SAGAT (added 4/29/11) - Off Board via eBay - eBay ID Miffybunny Profile/Ignore option

[*] Sid (added 8/8/07) Profile/Ignore option

[*] SilverSlinky (added 11/20/09) Profile/Ignore option

[*] SIXX_VAN_ROSE (added 11/7/08) Profile/Ignore option

[*] SpiderJay300 (added 9/15/07) Profile/Ignore option

[*] Superman20 (added 12/18/07) Profile/Ignore option

[*] Taz007 aka Thesavros aka Rudolph (added 7/15/09)

[*] Tyson (added 10/7/11) Profile/Ignore option

[*] ZoMbiE13 (added 9/21/11) Profile/Ignore option

I'm not talking about any official one thread per person thing. Just an open area for discussion.

I'm not sold on the idea. I think it would help people to organize and highlight issues a bit, but it might also just turn into an area over-loaded with opinion fights.

Arch - you are basically describing the current Probation Discussions thread.

To make any real sense about real Probation issues we do need what is essentially the opposite of the Kudos thread.

If we can have a user specific positive feedback thread with user-created posts/subjects, we should be able to have a negative feedback thread with user-created posts/subjects.

With, as of this posting, 12,346 posts in the Probation Discussions thread, any form of organized viewing is difficult, to say the least.

At least being able to organize future offenses by user would be helpful to people trying to determine what is going on.

Wouldn't creation of an incident specific anti-kudos forum be in breech of the following board guideline?

Threads started explicitly to bash other members.

What if the probation discussions thread was chopped into years with past years locked?

Probation discussions 2012 (active)

Probation discussions 2011 (locked)

Probation discussions 2010 (locked)

etc...

Then at least people could 'look up' a probation action that resulted in someone being added, I'm assuming that's the only value that the historical thread holds.

We've got a Probation Discussions thread and a General thread already. Why one more?

If Arch is going to put time into this... then maybe they could mark offending PL & HOS listers accounts so we won't have to search the lists and would know immediatly when they post.

Arch/Mods don't have to be "involved" in monetary transactions as others have noted this action would be... all Arch has to do is help identify trouble makers that were deemed that way by the community.

Just saying...

It would make searching a heck of a lot easier as well, as one could look for the "offender" name in the Subject Line of the new forum.

Again, though, I don't think a corporate owned and run message board is going to start letting Mods single individuals and give them "Scarlet Letters", so to speak, next to their names. There would also be added overhead for hem keeping track of or being PMd to remove the stigmata if a case is resolved and someone is removed.

Well a sub-forum (if I understand it correctly) would allow individual threads to made about potential problems and people wouldn't have to search though 800+ pages of one thread to find out the information about one indecent. They could just search thread subject for the topic they are looking for.

Just saying...

Well a sub-forum (if I understand it correctly) would allow individual threads to made about potential problems and people wouldn't have to search though 800+ pages of one thread to find out the information about one indecent. They could just search thread subject for the topic they are looking for.

Right. It is no different than the Kudos forum. Just serving the opposite purpose.

There has been more than 17 semi serious posts in here. Can I carpet bomb this thing with stupidity yet?

:wishluck:

You have done due diligence, Mr. Park. Thus you may display your stupidity! :foryou:

It's what I am best at. :whee:

Probation sub-forum? No. :sumo:

I don't think it's a good idea, seems fine the way we currently have it.

Why?

:blahblah:

:roflmao:

:hi:

Because the current thread works just fine. Why mess with something that already works, is simple, and complete. All the discussions and probation threads have already been segregated and relegated to the appropriate corner of the forums.

Probation sub-forum? No. :sumo:

I don't think it's a good idea, seems fine the way we currently have it.

Why?

:blahblah:

:roflmao:

:hi:

Because the current thread works just fine. Why mess with something that already works, is simple, and complete. All the discussions and probation threads have already been segregated and relegated to the appropriate corner of the forums.

Honestly it does not seem simple. There are a total of 54 members on the HOS/PL list as of this writing. Granted there have been some that have been removed. So lets be really generous and make that number to 74.

Representing that is 12,348 posts. That is an average of 167 posts per person, using the expanded count of 74. We both know that number is not representative of the actual post count related to the specific PL/HOS issue.

How is this simple and complete? Why would a thread exactly like Kudos but for negs rather than positives be more complex than what we have?