• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LAS VEGAS COMIC EXPO - SEPTEMBER 29-30, 2012

275 posts in this topic

I went with my wife and our girlfriend

:o you really are a big daddy!

I saw that too. I want hear more about this arrangement rather than some convention report.

There was a lot of people there on Saturday afternoon. If the show returns next year, I hope they stay with the Riviera instead of holding it at an off strip property. I had a decent time overall.

According to my LCS, they have said they will be holding the Las Vegas con again next year.

**EDIT** Just got an e-mail for the Expo 2013

http://www.facebook.com/events/514713291889856/

Great news indeed. (thumbs u

Here's a few pics along with pics of my sketch covers I picked up.

can't see these.

I had a good time at the convention dispite coming down with a horrible cold. Picked up Patrick Finch's original art for the playing cards at the auction for $50!

One thing though, the VIP upgrade was a waste. We were supposed to get in 30 minutes before the doors opened but both days we didn't get in until 10 minutes before opening. There were other problems that are too long to go on about.

I'll be back next year but probably not as a VIP.

One thing though, the VIP upgrade was a waste. We were supposed to get in 30 minutes before the doors opened but both days we didn't get in until 10 minutes before opening. There were other problems that are too long to go on about.

Do tell you're other problems, I'd like to hear other's issues besides the ones I saw.

So what type of original art did you get in the VIP bag? That was the only thing I could think of that could have made the price worthwhile since the 2-day pass, t-shirt, cards, etc. didn't seem to hit the magic number for me to purchase it.

My only major issue was that they annouced early ticket pick-up on Sat. morning at 8 am. Well, I was there at 8 am along with several people, but the ticket booth didn't open until 9:15 am and the entire time waiting there no employee/volunteer said anything what time they were opening the ticket counter. So I wasted time standing there since I was hoping to get the tickets and then go back to my hotel and then come back at 10 a.m. By the time I got my tickets going back to my hotel and coming back to the Rivera would not have been worthwhile.

Thankfully with the lines for the artists being not too long, the lack of order on where to exactly line-up wasn't such a big deal. It would've been really bad if the lines were long at a booth though since there was no one directing people where to stand without blocking the aisles or other booths.

I did enjoy the Con though and the guests were all cool and the star-studded line-up made up for the inconveniences.

Do tell you're other problems, I'd like to hear other's issues besides the ones I saw.

So what type of original art did you get in the VIP bag? That was the only thing I could think of that could have made the price worthwhile since the 2-day pass, t-shirt, cards, etc. didn't seem to hit the magic number for me to purchase it.

My only major issue was that they annouced early ticket pick-up on Sat. morning at 8 am. Well, I was there at 8 am along with several people, but the ticket booth didn't open until 9:15 am and the entire time waiting there no employee/volunteer said anything what time they were opening the ticket counter. So I wasted time standing there since I was hoping to get the tickets and then go back to my hotel and then come back at 10 a.m. By the time I got my tickets going back to my hotel and coming back to the Rivera would not have been worthwhile.

Thankfully with the lines for the artists being not too long, the lack of order on where to exactly line-up wasn't such a big deal. It would've been really bad if the lines were long at a booth though since there was no one directing people where to stand without blocking the aisles or other booths.

I did enjoy the Con though and the guests were all cool and the star-studded line-up made up for the inconveniences.

I got the VIP ticket and my bag included a Blindside sketch cover by Marat as well as a Marvel sketch cover by Rapmund. Besides the cards and print and lanyard. I've been trying to post pictures but for some reason it doesn't like my iphone pics. By the way I was the one dressed as the Green Lantern. I would probably get the VIP ticket again next year because they really shouldn't have the same issues next year as they did this year. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves though, and will go every year they have it.

Here's what the VIP ticktets promised:

•*Full Weekend Admission for 1 adult – This allows admission for both Saturday and Sunday, as well as any/all activities associated with the convention.

Yup.

•*Early Entrance to the convention – This is your chance to get in to see your favorite artists first, check out the dealers room, pick up the show exclusives and more.

Nope. I can understand that there might be problems/delays the first day but the same thing happened on Sunday.

•*Priority Seating for All Panels – There is no need to wait in lines, camping out for hours to see your favorite panels and programs at the Las Vegas Comic Expo. All VIP Ticket holders will be able to sit in the “reserved” front two rows of the panel rooms. While each program will be cleared at the end, VIP can remain in the hall between, as there will be zero risk in getting bumped.

Nope. No priority seating. Luckily the panels were mostly sparse.

•*Front of the Line/Special Autograph Sessions – Las Vegas Comic Expo will arrange special VIP Signing sessions with our top guests. No lines for VIPs. Membership has its benefits to this special events!

Nope. No special lines.

Some people got Batman 0 sketches but I got a Secret Invasion Iron Fist sketch, kinda disappointing.

The Simon Bisley print was being handed out in reverse order so the earlier you came the higher the print number. Somebody who came late Sunday must have got number one. It was also pretty awkward to carry around.

Oh, and the special VIP lanyard was held together with a shoelace. Seriously.

I really liked the large playing cards. Thought that was a cool idea to tie Vegas in.

I got the Secret Invasion sketch cover as well, mine was the skrull. Did you email them any of your comments? I sent them a big list of things to work on, the email address is LVCEfeedback@gmail.com

Even with all the issues I'll still go back next year.

I got the Secret Invasion sketch cover as well, mine was the skrull. Did you email them any of your comments? I sent them a big list of things to work on, the email address is LVCEfeedback@gmail.com

Not yet. I thought they might solicit feedback first.

I'll be back next year too for sure (I don't need an excuse to go to Vegas) but wouldn't buy a VIP pass without gaurantees problems would be fixed.

That was a nice GL costume, btw.

Not yet. I thought they might solicit feedback first.

I'll be back next year too for sure (I don't need an excuse to go to Vegas) but wouldn't buy a VIP pass without gaurantees problems would be fixed.

That was a nice GL costume, btw.

Thanks, it's kind of fun to dress up in costume. They posted the request for feedback on facebook, that's how I got the email address. Hopefully they will listen to all of the suggestions that people submit to them.