• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LAS VEGAS COMIC EXPO - SEPTEMBER 29-30, 2012

275 posts in this topic

reading up on the convention, and I'm excited for this.

Just curious- what are you all looking forward to with the Las Vegas Comic Expo?

*International Artist Alley?

*Panels and programming?

*Dealer room packed Comic vendors and other exhibitors?

*Affordable Comic Con Experience to bring your friends and families to?

Also- on these boards, are people traveling in from out of town? or local?

reading up on the convention, and I'm excited for this.

Just curious- what are you all looking forward to with the Las Vegas Comic Expo?

*International Artist Alley?

*Panels and programming?

*Dealer room packed Comic vendors and other exhibitors?

*Affordable Comic Con Experience to bring your friends and families to?

Also- on these boards, are people traveling in from out of town? or local?

The guest list holds the most fascination for me, I am hoping for the chance to really interact with some of these creators without the long lines of the mega-regional or national shows. Any panels and/or programming with that guest list is probably worth the price of admission right there.

Right behind the guest list, though, I'm hoping for a packed dealer's room as well, and a good turnout from the Vegas and Nevada comic crowd, as that will be the bulk of the buying attendees, SoCal fans being the 2nd largest group.

I'm driving in from San Diego. Jimmy, you and Bill coming? Leaving from San Marcos or the Valley?

I also believe there are still tables available for exhibitors and artists to purchase to be a part of this Las Vegas Comic Expo, so it's not too late for dealers, retailers, etc. to get in on, what looks to be a well attended show with lots of local and national (I know a few friends flying in for this show) interest amongst the comic book and original art collecting community and pop culture hobby.

Check out additional information at: http://lasvegascomicexpo.com/exhibitors/

And for further inquiries, here's a link for contact: http://lasvegascomicexpo.com/contact/

Any chance of some discounts for board members?

i'm trying to convince a few NY members to join me in flying out, but no luck yet.

Part of the problem is its the week of the Jewish Holy Days.

Any chance of some discounts for board members?

i'm trying to convince a few NY members to join me in flying out, but no luck yet.

Part of the problem is its the week of the Jewish Holy Days.

A promo code for CGC boardies for some tix discount is always appreciated! =-P

Joel-

Dunno if you heard but I've been hired as the Director of Operations for the upcoming Las Vegas Comic Expo-----

http://www.comicCONMEN.com

So of course I will be there ;)

As for Bill- I think he's coming up to enjoy attending, perhaps spending some time in the sports book most of Sunday.

Hope to see you there!

Your pal-

Jimmy...

Joel-

Dunno if you heard but I've been hired as the Director of Operations for the upcoming Las Vegas Comic Expo-----

As for Bill- I think he's coming up to enjoy attending, perhaps spending some time in the sports book most of Sunday.

Hope to see you there!

Your pal-

Jimmy...

How about offering us a group rate? Congrats on the new position.

BTW- no sports book on the property. Its a non-gaming site. Have to walk down the street to the Hard Rock.

Joel-

Hope to see you there!

Your pal-

Jimmy...

How about offering us a group rate? Congrats on the new position.

BTW- no sports book on the property. Its a non-gaming site. Have to walk down the street to the Hard Rock.

It's a 30 second walk across the street.

Hey guys-

Yeah i KNOW Alexis Park doesn't have a Sports Book. I think my brother could find one SOMEWHERE in town though that is playing NFL on Sunday...

As for boards rates-I'm not in a position to offer, sorry.

But when you see me at the show, hit me up, introduce yourself, and I will get you a coffee, cocktail, or coca-cola ;)

your pal-

Jimmy...

While it's always fun to hear what guests will be at a show, I'm always more interested in what comic dealers will be setting up. Is an exhibitor list available?
(thumbs u

Joel-

Hope to see you there!

Your pal-

Jimmy...

That's great news, Jimmy! I've been trying to recover from SDCC the past 2 weeks so when I'm online, catching up on news has been at the bottom of the list, unfortunately...

I'm definitely going to be there, still figuring out in what capacity. I was asking about you and Bill to see if Jay Company was exhibiting or not. :) Maybe Bill can walk across the street to Hard Rock and hang out with Grant Morrison and his buddies... :) Personally, I like Caesar's sports book to watch games, but I haven't really sampled the Strip too much when it comes to sports books.

I'm thrilled to hear this show has such a qualified Operations director. Good luck with the planning and keep in touch! I'm really looking forward to this con, Vegas is so overdue for a good show, and with the guest list and the team pulling this together, I'm thinking good thoughts! ;)

Joel

Joel-

you're seriously a class act, and I'm looking forward on catching up with you. I know you wear many hats between exhibiting, coordinating CGC signings, being the maven of eBay retail, and of course promoting the SoCal Comic Conventions in San DIego County. Other than a personal trip out to Wizard Chicago, I would like to catch a dinner with you one evening if our schedules can connect....

As for JayCompanyComics displaying at Las Vegas Comic Expo- jury is still out on this one. Ideally i would like to book several additional new/modern age comic dealers in addition to the ones we have now instead of hustling retail this Vegas Weekend.

My personal focus needs to be on putting together the best possible event at this point. Charles & Co have a vision of what they want to accomplish and my goal is to carry out that vision. I came onto the team roughly 2 months before the event, and my job description is make the event as smooth for the exhibitors, pros, and most certainly the fans.

I completely agree with you in that Las Vegas should have a fun comic event for the city. Something that appeals to locals, and beyond- something to attract people in the region to make a weekend out of it.

With the Artist Alley that is deep with international talent as the focal point, this seems like a great event to get commissions, pick up artwork, and close out those blank sketch covers that you always wanted.

We will be tightening up the programming and more, so please keep checking back the official site at http://www.LasVegasComicExpo.com

best-

Jimmy S. Jay...

Big Daddy-

So Glad you're making it out to the Las Vegas Comic Expo! Our Host hotel-Alexis Park has some great deals on the All Suites Resorts. It has a great location near Hard Rock and the Vegas Strip. Something to consider ;)

Shadroch- there's going to be a great ix of comics at the event.

Above I was making a reference from the poster Joel Elad, who asked if JAY COMPANY was going to be exhibiting at the show. Jay COmpany is my retail business- we display at many of the large national shows, and quite a few of the regional events too. At the San Diego Comic Con, JayCompanyComics has the largest new comic display....

As i said in my response, i would much rather fill the requested Modern Comic Booths with several OTHER dealers rather than having a JayCompany presence on the floor...

There is no larger emphasis over modern books over vintage in terms of brining in the best exhibitors to this event.

As for listing the exhibitors and complete artist alley list, we will be adding this in the coming weeks.

Thanks-

Jimmy...

Thanks. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have a few east coast friends who are thinking of coming out with me, and the best airfares are usually around six weeks out of the travel date so decision day is approaching. The more info available, the better the results will be.

I'm booked at the Alexis and I'm coming from waaaay out of town (Victoria, BC). It was the artist line up that got me. That, and I don't need much of an excuse to come to Vegas.

Looking forward to some poker, too.