• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few thousand cheap trade paperbacks...

100 posts in this topic

As many of you already know, I launched a new venture this week. The success of my many trade paperback sales here on the forum (and the success with cheap trades at conventions) convinced me there was a market for discounted TPB's. After a couple months consulting with a board of expert advisors (including greggy, whose advice on sweet DCs was interesting, if irrelevant to the topic at hand) I went live with the venture earlier this week.

Eventually, the products will be simultaneously offered both on eBay and at tpbking.com but for now, you can find the listings in my brand new eBay store:

TPB King's eBay store

Pricing is even lower than what I have offered here on the boards. Taking the venture outside the forums has increased my discount received, and I am passing those savings along.

[*]Limited editions, specialty hardcovers, and small press trades (like the Gerber Photo-Journals, DC Archives, Marvel Masterworks, S&N editions, Cerebus, SIP, and Squee) are priced at 30% off retail.

[*]Mainstream trades from the big four (like Sandman, Preacher, Batman, Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil, Essentials, Elfquest, Star Wars, Buffy, and Savage Dragon) are priced at 35% off retail.

[*]A few sets of trades (like a set of all ten Sandman trades) are priced at 40% off retail.

All prices include FREE Domestic Shipping.

I am still adding inventory to the eBay store. So far around 100 items are up, including the Photo-Journals, Sandman, Preacher, Watchmen, and Ultimate Spidey. I will be adding items every day for the next couple weeks, and expect to have 500 different trades listed by the first week of June, with 1,000+ in the store within a month.

All these trades are brand new. If they fell off a truck, they didn't fall very hard. After I get a few hundred new TPB's listed, I will add a separate section for "used" trades which will be even cheaper. But I plan to get the new stuff up first.

For the time being, all the listings show "US-only", but I will be happy to ship any of these internationally for forum members. Shipping rates for Canada are $5 per $50 spent (so add $5 if your total was $40, add $10 if your total was $70, etc....). Shipping rates for the the rest of the world are $7 per $50 spent. Orders of Archives will have a lower shipping charge, orders of Essentials will have a higher charge. But almost everything else is at that rate.

I will be happy to take requests for items to be listed. I have nearly 4,000 trades in stock right now, and it doesn't matter to me what order I list them in. So if there is something in particular you are looking for, just reply to the thread and I will move them higher up on the list.

Thanks for the business. And now I need to get more pain meds. I was far too sober typing all of this. tongue.gif

'House

The TPB King

I just bought something......I'm an addict. blush.gif

Woo-Hoo big spender... and an e-check to boot! tongue.gif

You know you're gonna finish the first trade and have the shakes waiting for book two... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Thanks, man!

'House

The TPB King

You know you're gonna finish the first trade and have the shakes waiting for book two... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Thanks, man!

'House

The TPB King

I hate you. mad.gif

Thanks, man!

'House

The TPB King

I hate you. mad.gif

Gonna pass on book three for now? sumo.gif

You have the Sgt. Rock archive vol 1?

I have everything... sumo.gif

You have the first printing of every Marvel Masterworks still sealed in its shrinkwrap? Unless you give an affirmative answer, [!@#%^&^] you because you really don't have everything!

P.S. Who suggested that lame ID? tonofbricks.gif

You have the first printing of every Marvel Masterworks still sealed in its shrinkwrap? Unless you give an affirmative answer, [!@#%^&^] you because you really don't have everything!

Tell you what... Come down and go through my trades and put them in alphabetical order for me. Then we'll know whether I have everything or not... sumo.gif

As for the ID, I know you had your heart set on me using your suggestion, but I couldn't get anyone to do a custom logo for "Short Shorts Trades And Hardcovers"... so I had to go in another direction... confused-smiley-013.gif

Tell you what... Come down and go through my trades and put them in alphabetical order for me. Then we'll know whether I have everything or not... sumo.gif

As for the ID, I know you had your heart set on me using your suggestion, but I couldn't get anyone to do a custom logo for "Short Shorts Trades And Hardcovers"... so I had to go in another direction... confused-smiley-013.gif

I said first printings fool. I'm sure that you have them all! sorry.gif

Give me your address and I'm there! acclaim.gif