• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread

438 posts in this topic

How does one go about challanging hm

See rule 6

6) One Month after being declared the winner, A sketch may challenge for the title in a one-on-one contest. The new challenger must be nominated by 3 board members.

But the one-on-one part is up for debate and is being voted on.

I have 2 questions, I understand getting rid of the 30 days to challenge, cause some artists take longer than that to complete a commision sometimes [lol], but will it be infinite as long as there are challengers? For example like WWE

Also if you competed in a round but lost can you enter a new sketch when you get it, or are you out of the running?

nothing to do with the fact that i threw it out there about my ghost rider sketch.

i know rules were set at the start of these threads. and greedo i have said this before i will say it again. great idea and thank you for the idea and all the work and time you invest.

to me it only makes sense to have as many competitors each time as we can get. if we have one book every thirty days that will drag things out. maybe thats a good thing?

with con season cranking up there will be tons of great competition coming up.

I have 2 questions, I understand getting rid of the 30 days to challenge, cause some artists take longer than that to complete a commision sometimes [lol], but will it be infinite as long as there are challengers? For example like WWE

Also if you competed in a round but lost can you enter a new sketch when you get it, or are you out of the running?

1) WWF style

2) As long as a sketch has not been in a previous poll, you can nominate it.

nothing to do with the fact that i threw it out there about my ghost rider sketch.

i know rules were set at the start of these threads. and greedo i have said this before i will say it again. great idea and thank you for the idea and all the work and time you invest.

to me it only makes sense to have as many competitors each time as we can get. if we have one book every thirty days that will drag things out. maybe thats a good thing?

with con season cranking up there will be tons of great competition coming up.

So far the masses agree with you.

We will let the poll run a day or so and see about amending the rules for the future.

Never thought of multiple books challenging...

Put it to a vote

Option A - 1 challenger at a time

Or

Option B - "Play In" challengers compete against each other in a poll - winner takes on champ

:rulez:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5359447&fpart=12

"The play ins" have won the poll 16 to 7. For future challenges multiple challangers are allowed. Champ can still only be challanged ever 30 days.

Poll

So the rules state that you should nominate 1 sketch. Lately, people just seem to post any number of their own sketch that may apply. I don't care much either way, but I'm a stickler for the rules. If we're going to just throw out any of the sketches we have and just see what sticks, perhaps the rules should be amended to reflect that.

So the rules state that you should nominate 1 sketch. Lately, people just seem to post any number of their own sketch that may apply. I don't care much either way, but I'm a stickler for the rules. If we're going to just throw out any of the sketches we have and just see what sticks, perhaps the rules should be amended to reflect that.

There has been multiple posting from the beginning. It was clear, at least early on, that the owner had choose one, and only one, sketch for the competition.

I'm not so much talking about picking only one as that hasn't really been an issue. Instead, I was just wondering about the whole nomination process. The rules state that you must nominate a sketch along with a picture and the owner. It seems that most have moved away from that and just post any applicable sketches and wait for the owner to be told to pick their favorite.

Again, it's not much of an issue, I'm just a stickler for the rules (see my posts in the "One of a kind" thread. :tonofbricks: )

I'm not so much talking about picking only one as that hasn't really been an issue. Instead, I was just wondering about the whole nomination process. The rules state that you must nominate a sketch along with a picture and the owner. It seems that most have moved away from that and just post any applicable sketches and wait for the owner to be told to pick their favorite.

Again, it's not much of an issue, I'm just a stickler for the rules (see my posts in the "One of a kind" thread. :tonofbricks: )

I support your rigorous adherence to rules of all kinds.

I do agree that rules should be followed.

I don't think any rules are being broken, anybody can nominate a sketch but the owner does not have to except the nomination.

The intent is to have one owner have one sketch in the poll, which is how it ends up. So I am personaly fine with multiple sketches being posted.

It also has the added benifit of turning these threads into an impromptu Mega threads.