• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread

438 posts in this topic

I thinking open Spidey up to all is a good plan. Past winners, challengers, whomever should be able to play.

Since there likely will be MANY tossed in maybe take the top third or quarter and then break it down until someone takes over 50%

BotB Psylocke has also been challenged. :)

As for current champs being sold, my personal opinion is that they should remain champs. We vote for the sketch, not the owner, and I don't see any particular reason they should be removed. But if the majority think differently, then I know of one or two other current champs that have been sold recently.

Hello everybody!

I am happy to tell you that the CGCSKETCH.COM website is finally up to date. I have pass the last 3 days updating it.

Yeah (worship)

Maybe we could do somethign special for it, what do you think?

How about a Best of the Best Sketch Poll out of those 50 currently winning the category in which those winners face off against each other. We have 5 groups of 10 against each other in a poll. Whoever wins there group faces off against each other in the finale in a poll. Whoever wins that poll gets Best of the Best: insert category

The other thing you could do is poll the people of the forum see what heroes they went done that does not currently have a category and maybe do the top five winning characters. DC is very underrepresented and it would be nice to get some flagship Marvel characters in as well.

Speaking of the last one, Spider-Man, Mr. Mylar inform us that he sold the sketch so what should we do?

- Is the new trophy go to the last challenger by deafault?

- Is the new owner the new title holder? But if he is not a forum member ?

- We simply revert back to the previous winner

Our main man, DScott say this :

"We will just reopen the contest. Any sketch is eligible to partake in the event. Even past champs or challengers/entries may compete. "

What do you think? Maybe we could make a poll and vote?

If the person is a forum member the sketch was sold to it should be up to them to make the choice if it stays up there or not. If the person is not a forum member than it should be a contest between the fallen or any runner ups (under the circumstances no fallen exists), any new entries, and any challengers that lost to the winner that is being pulled off. I think the problem is if the person is not a forum member we do not know if that artwork is still in the CGC case and since this represents the integrity of CGC and not just the art we have to keep this in mind.

It is clear that taking care of the Best of the Best competitons take a lot of times. I will PM DScott and MarvelFanGirl and see what we can do about it. We do our best :)

Also if you got suggestion or found any errors on the cgcsketch.com website, please PM me.

Thanks!

We appreciate the time you are taking.

Win the current challenge.
Ok, I see that in the rules section now (thumbs u

What's the current challenge?

The Flash. What are you thinking about if you win?

Oh, I'm just trying to understand the rules. It seems like it would be a lot of fun. :D

BotB Psylocke has also been challenged. :)

As for current champs being sold, my personal opinion is that they should remain champs. We vote for the sketch, not the owner, and I don't see any particular reason they should be removed. But if the majority think differently, then I know of one or two other current champs that have been sold recently.

+4 lol!!! Yeah this make sense! (thumbs u

What a great website :applause:

Thanks a lot! :blush:

And thanks also Goldeneye for the kind words.

How about a Best of the Best Sketch Poll out of those 50 currently winning the category in which those winners face off against each other. We have 5 groups of 10 against each other in a poll. Whoever wins there group faces off against each other in the finale in a poll. Whoever wins that poll gets Best of the Best: insert category

Yeah maybe but we've done somethign similar last year for the best of the Best Awards 2012 :

http://cgcsketch.com/bestof2012winners.htm

BTW I PM Doug and he told me things should get up to date very soon :)