• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russ Heath Sgt. Rock page and near complete Estrada RK Gallery of War tale

16 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Got some nice pieces of original art for sale.

First up is a really nice Russ Heath page from Our Army at War #256. This is a bit of a classic Sgt. Rock story, with nice action shots of the Sarge in action. I'm amazed at how much storytelling Heath was able to jam into this one page!

I'll post the Gallery of War art tonight. It really is something to behold - Gallery of War stories that include the splash are pretty rare.

This Heath page is $200 + $20 s/h in North America. I'll quote for elsewhere. Paypal is preferred.

lf-1.jpg

Hey all,

First up is a really nice Russ Heath page from Our Army at War #256. This is a bit of a classic Sgt. Rock story, with nice action shots of the Sarge in action. I'm amazed at how much storytelling Heath was able to jam into this one page!

I'll post the Gallery of War art tonight. It really is something to behold - Gallery of War stories that include the splash are pretty rare.

This Heath page is $200 + $20 s/h in North America. I'll quote for elsewhere. Paypal is preferred.

lf-1.jpg

:takeit:

Hey all,

lf-1.jpg

:takeit:

Yay!!!!

Thanks Andy - glad it's going to such a good home!

Shep

No, just the one Heath page. I used to have more, but they're loooong gone.

I'll post the Kanigher's Gallery of War story pages by Estrada tomorrow. In their own way, they're more impressive than the Heath pages. It's the story 'Once A Hero' from OAAW #273, Five of the seven pages are there, including the splash.

Okay... here is the Kanigher Gallery of War story, drawn by Ric Estrada.

There are 5 of the 7 pages here, including the splash. Complete G.O.W. tales are pretty rare... I got this one from Ric's agent shortly before he passed away, and they did not have the other two pages. Still, this is a pretty special set.

Artwork is in great condition. All five pages are yours for $600 + $25 shipping. I will not break up the pages.

Thanks for looking!

Shep

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-5.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

And finally, a nice Norm Maurer Medal of Honor page.

These are RARE!!!! In over 10 years of searching this is the only one I have ever come across, and I would think that any others are long gone or still in the Maurer estate (I wouldn't doubt that Joe Kubert has a number of them in the School archive, since he and Maurer were so close.)

Great page. The bottom panel has been replaced (by the artist) based on an editorial change. The 'Make War No More' sticker is missing, but could easily be replaced by a stat.

All yours for $100 + $20 shipping.

photo.jpg

Okay... final offer on these pages.

$400 for all the pages, shipped! (As long as it's North America... international shipping will require a few $$.

That's less than $70 a page! DEAL OF THE CENTURY!