• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers

68 posts in this topic

i think the 'fatale ' girl in present day is the same girl that's shown in the 40s. There is no grandmother, it's the same woman. Wonder if she's like a Knight Templar, lives forever.

jmo.

I thought the same thing. I think that the ending of issue 1 really drives this point. Her ill boyfriend is trying to turn on her to get the immortality that she has. I'm interested to see how the two timelines work together.

i think the 'fatale ' girl in present day is the same girl that's shown in the 40s. There is no grandmother, it's the same woman. Wonder if she's like a Knight Templar, lives forever.

jmo.

It is.

But did someone notice how the first picture on page 1 shows everyone in black, yet in the next picture there's a man in a brown coat on Nicolas' left. At first I thought it was Walt himself when reading near the end, but...maybe just tripping on nothing.

So I want to know what's in the "first" manuscript. I'm assuming that it's what the goons are after that either tells all or is the secret to Jo's immortality. But it's definitely not what she's after, otherwise why would she give it back to to Nicolas at the hospital?

I also wonder if the reoccurring symbol is the image of the trinket she is after. Walt has it, but maybe he doesn't know how it works, hence the reason why he's slowly rotting. Splash page #17 (that someone bought from under me), could have been where it was stolen and they were fighting their way out against the enemy.

Based on the first post by Ryan, are we waiting to move on to #2?

There are so many "what ifs". So many questions.

If you all could wait until Sunday to talk about issue 2, that would be great. I plan to pick up my copy at the LCS tomorrow and will hopefully have read up to contribute to the discussion. If you all are itchy to talk about it, that's cool too. I'll just avoid this thread until then.

Ryan

Interesting point. So I take it that Jo and Dominic were at a hotel then and not her apartment since she erased the symbol from the door post after they were done? hm Wally seems to still be in love then since Jo found those pics. Going back to #1 then, so she's been searching for all those years for the thing. This tells me that the trinket (or whatever she's after) is not part of her age defying secret then.

Dang that last page leaving it like that...please leave the baby out of it in #3 with graphics. I hate it when they involve babies with gore. lol

Definitely keeping this book in my top pics. It keeps leading you to more and more questions and anticipation. (thumbs u

I wonder if they'll catch it up to Nicolas or will they be bouncing back and forth the whole time?

:ohnoez:

Dang you, Ryan! lol

Interesting point. So I take it that Jo and Dominic were at a hotel then and not her apartment since she erased the symbol from the door post after they were done? hm Wally seems to still be in love then since Jo found those pics. Going back to #1 then, so she's been searching for all those years for the thing. This tells me that the trinket (or whatever she's after) is not part of her age defying secret then.

Dang that last page leaving it like that...please leave the baby out of it in #3 with graphics. I hate it when they involve babies with gore. lol

Definitely keeping this book in my top pics. It keeps leading you to more and more questions and anticipation. (thumbs u

I wonder if they'll catch it up to Nicolas or will they be bouncing back and forth the whole time?

Dang you, Ryan! lol

Julio- I will read briskly so as not to inconvenience you :)

i'm afraid mom and baby are dead....that was really gruesome even though they only showed his teeth. Prepare for more cop scenes with blood splattered room.Pretty sure that was a hotel room though maybe she erases the symbol to hide it. I'm wondering if this comic has room for another set of monsters or whether the entire run will be the cthulhu type of bad guy.

FYI TWD#92 Preview defining Jo's immortality question.

Walt was getting the carp beat out of his face by the Bishop. And Jo's immortality is defined a little more. She can die and she has died many times. Is she Bishop's equal???

Dang you, Ryan! lol

Julio- I will read briskly so as not to inconvenience you :)

Have you read #2 yet? What do you think?

Hey everyone! Sorry that it took me so long to get caught up. I just bought my first home 2 weeks ago and finally finished unpacking today. To celebrate, I treated myself to some Fatale!! First of all, I completely loved it. This seems like classic Brubaker. He's going to surprise the mess out of me and I'm just waiting for how. What I'm looking forward to:

1) It seems obvious (you'll have at least 20 years to regret this) that things are not going to work out for Walt. It seems clear that Jo is going to get the best of him. Also, Brubaker tends to write so that nothing turns out well for anyone (damn you, noir... it's what I love about you). I'm curious to see how. I imagine that'll be a sick little twist

2) Raines- He eventually gets old and passes, so we know he makes it out of this, but at what cost/under what circumstances?. Right now, it does not look good with the elite guard stalking him. When he dies, he has the symbol on his gravestone. Is that a symbol of him missing Jo or does he get wrapped up in the insanity too ("he was an atheist. He hated religion"? If so, this will be interesting.

3) The henchmen- Cover 4 looks sick!!! I assume that these guys are demons as well (Beast Cover? - "Don't worry. He was one of ours"). Looking forward to seeing what they do.

4) I think that we know that things do not look good for Raines' wife and baby. Just how bad does it look? I have a funny feeling that they're going to be bait.

5) Bishop- Something tells me that I'm going to like this guy. Brubaker does some great and unpredictable villains (The Black Death, Tao-not his creation, but awesome what Brubaker did with him, Sebastian Hyde, etc).

I know it's early, but I totally giving this series the benefit. I can see Brubaker setting up some sick stuff. Also, I saw on the WD thread that some people preferred the idea of Sean Phillips working on WD rather than Adlard. F that. I hope that Brubaker keeps Phillips busy with his brand of awesome.

Also, someone listed one of the Incognito covers for $5,000. I own two Phillips covers, so I'm a huge fan, but $5,000? I'd rather buy multiple Last of the Innocent covers or buy 3 Fatale covers for that price.

Also, big congrats to Julio for buying up 50% of all Fatale #1s in circulation. I hope that the comic pops for him! If it does, it means that we will be reading a really great book for (hopefully) a long time (I too noticed that this is an ongoing comic) and, hopefully, it keeps us chatting every month!

Walt seems very tough. He made it through the war and against these "old enemies." There must've been a deal made, or something, since it seems like he knows the Bishop pretty well. After all these years, he finally catches up with the opportunity to have what Jo has. If he made a deal in the past, he seems to not have gotten what he wanted. Now he's after it again. Interesting, though, that he talks to the Bishop disrespectfully as if he's not afraid of him. What gives?

As for Dominic, the symbol may be significant enough to ward off evil. I wonder who actually put it on the stone. It does make sense, as mentioned earlier, that it may have something to do with keeping invisible from "them".

Question, though. The card that Walt took and sprinkled his own blood on it...is that how he summoned those "henchmen"? Blood seems to summon evil, hence the poor homie on the park bench. I'm thinking "one of ours" meant a cult member.

Btw, how are Hank and Dominic Raines related? And does that baby die and if not, then who is it? hm

Also, big congrats to Julio for buying up 50% of all Fatale #1s in circulation.

lol I wish!

Walt seems very tough. He made it through the war and against these "old enemies." There must've been a deal made, or something, since it seems like he knows the Bishop pretty well. After all these years, he finally catches up with the opportunity to have what Jo has. If he made a deal in the past, he seems to not have gotten what he wanted. Now he's after it again. Interesting, though, that he talks to the Bishop disrespectfully as if he's not afraid of him. What gives?

I don't know if a deal has been made. I think that Walt has either 1) watched Jo not age and wants what she has or 2) was betrayed by Jo somehow in her quest to never die. I guess we'll have to see where Ed takes us, which I'm perfectly cool with :)

As for Dominic, the symbol may be significant enough to ward off evil. I wonder who actually put it on the stone. It does make sense, as mentioned earlier, that it may have something to do with keeping invisible from "them".

Hmm... That's interesting considering that Hank took the symbol out of his pocket right when the goons are staring him down.

Question, though. The card that Walt took and sprinkled his own blood on it...is that how he summoned those "henchmen"? Blood seems to summon evil, hence the poor homie on the park bench. I'm thinking "one of ours" meant a cult member.

Hmm... I like it. Maybe the massacre in issue 1 was simply a meeting between the cult and the baddies...

Btw, how are Hank and Dominic Raines related? And does that baby die and if not, then who is it? hm

Could the baby be Dominic Raines? That would be awesome, if you don't like babies dying.

Again, more questions than answers. Makes me want to see next month's issue! Maybe they will have some early copies at Image Expo :)