• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A book with no staples...

36 posts in this topic

I have never seen a book with no staples. How could a book with no staples make it from the printing press to the newsstand without falling apart?

Static will keep the book together during it's journey. Differences in temperature or humidity of the paper and the environment during printing can be a main cause of static, but if it's a coated paper, that usually creates a static charge as well. Combined with the book being pressed while trimming and being stacked in boxes under other books, it'll get to where its going without ever falling apart.

I have a Jungle Action that was manufactured with no staples. I didn't notice it when I was subbing it. It held itself together quite well despite the lack of staples. I ended up not slabbing it and having it shipped back to me. It never had staples, as there are no holes. An interesting curiosity for sure.

I have a Jungle Action that was manufactured with no staples. I didn't notice it when I was subbing it. It held itself together quite well despite the lack of staples. I ended up not slabbing it and having it shipped back to me. It never had staples, as there are no holes. An interesting curiosity for sure.

Yeah, I'd guess the equipment misses a book here and there. I don't think many of those make their way out of the printers.

So that would be a manufacturer's default right? If it didn't affect the grade how come you didn't slab it?

It was going to hurt the grade. It would have been a Green label book and I wanted Rich Buckler to sign it. It would have gotten whacked on the grade, so I had them send it back unslabbed.

I have a 1950's Ajax-Farrell published issue of SUPER CAT with ZERO staples. The cover fits snugly to the interior, but upon inspection the spine has NO HOLES nor does the interior spine.

WEIRD !!!

I'll take some pics of it and post them back here.

It's a cool ERROR .

Does a book have to have two staples to get a Blue Label?

I am about to send off my HUMAN TORCH #19 for grading and find that it has only ONE STAPLE

dead center in the spine. There are no other holes on the spine so I assume it was printed this

way.

mm

Does a book have to have two staples to get a Blue Label?

I am about to send off my HUMAN TORCH #19 for grading and find that it has only ONE STAPLE

dead center in the spine. There are no other holes on the spine so I assume it was printed this

way.

mm

There are a LOT of war era books that only have one staple... Don't sweat it, man.