• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Those who have read advance copies of the 1st issue indicate that it starts out slow. I imagine with the heavy hitting creative team, the print run could be as high as 20-25K issues. Image Expo is offering a variant cover and it will be interesting to see whether they offer that title to the public or make it a con exclusive. I think the premise of the book is very interesting and I am looking forward to the title. Spencer and Kirkman will deliver something special. I would like to learn what the print run is before it hits stores, but I don't know that I will be able to get that info. If the print run is under 10K, I think the title will sell out quickly and that it will sell as well on ebay as Fatale (although I don't understand why Fatale #1 beast cover isn't selling for substantially more than the beauty cover despite the beast having half the print run of the beauty cover). A lot of the speculation in comics is irrational and manufactured early on and I've found that it often takes 6 months to 2 years or longer before any reasonable decision making actually occurs. Anyway, I'm very interested in others opinions.

Think this title will be hot? I reserved a couple copies from my comic shop

I wouldn't bother with it. Just because Kirkman's name is on it, it's going to do alot of copies. If it's anything like his last several books, it won't be that great either and will end after a dozen or two dozen issues are out.

I ordered the first issue b/c I thought it sounded interesting... even if I can't stop thinking about RASL. I've yet to find anything that Kirkman writes that I like, but I keep trying b/c I'm in such the minority...

Really?? Not even invincible ?..

This book may make it to about 15 issues then it will be cancelled.

Also I doubt that after a year from issue 1 coming out it will be selling for more than cover. Probably will end up in dollar bins.

looks like a fun book to me...bit like It Takes a Thief, or maybe Ocean's Eleven.

this answers most of your questions. And no Kirkman is not writing the 1st one though he did collaborate.

USAToday preview .

Exclusively at the Skybound booth (Booth #100) we’ll have a limited edition Image Expo variant for Thief of Thieves #1.

This book may make it to about 15 issues then it will be cancelled.

Also I doubt that after a year from issue 1 coming out it will be selling for more than cover. Probably will end up in dollar bins.

I am still happy to invest 3 or 4 dollars at my LCS to find out if it's a good read or not. Always looking for new stuff with potential. If I hate it, I'll quit buying it.

Is Kirkman writing this? The way I understand it is that he came up with the story idea, discussed it with Nick Spencer, and Spencer is actually writing the scripts.

Spencer shouldn't be allowed to write anything until he finishes Infinite Vacation :sumo:

I agree. #1 and #2 were excellent. Definitely the best stuff I've read from him. Christian Ward tweeted that #4 is fully drawn.