• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

i read it...i liked it. Curious to see what happens next issue. Reads like it was made for television.

on a sadder note: my local store had 4 copies, all 4 had double stress marks on the rear spine. Dude it's a comic not a football, be gentle next time.

I ordered the first issue b/c I thought it sounded interesting... even if I can't stop thinking about RASL. I've yet to find anything that Kirkman writes that I like, but I keep trying b/c I'm in such the minority...

Really?? Not even invincible ?..

Invincible was probably my favorite thing of his that I read... I read the first trade on 400yrs's suggestion and the FCBD issue from... whenever that was. It was pretty good, but not good enough to make me want to keep reading it.

I'm not really looking for open-ended series to add to my reading regimen... I've got to really like something to be on board for an ongoing.

Kirkman's letter to readers was worth the purchase price. I agree with most reviews. The first issue was slow but I have great expectations for the series. Kirkman's looking for his next TV show. Don't be suprised when this series takes off!

Read it today - not really for me. The writing/dialogue was dreadful. I like the theme and I like the artwork, its just a shame Kirkman isnt actually writing it.

Agree completely. If this book doesn't pick up quickly it may not even make it a full year.

Read it ... sort of interesting sort of not at the same time ... not going to continue as the ending did nothing for me ... If it continues to last for a while & gains some popularity I may go back & check out a trade or what not

I'm actually a fan of the book - my comic book store only had a total of 3 they ordered so I grabbed them all. Love the art/cover and while the story leaves something to be desired in the first issue I have hopes it'll get better...

Anyone know how to get a hold of the variant that they'll make available at Image Expo if I'm not making it there? Is eBay basically my only option?

not like they're all from the same source either.....if so i'd chalk it up to mishandling by one person...the corners aren't bad (compared to fatale) but that darn crease is in the same spot on all of them.

i guess you reach a point and say what the heck, pick the best one and hope for the best.