• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

not like they're all from the same source either.....if so i'd chalk it up to mishandling by one person...the corners aren't bad (compared to fatale) but that darn crease is in the same spot on all of them.

i guess you reach a point and say what the heck, pick the best one and hope for the best.

All the copies at my LCS had ink smudges on the back (on the white lettering for the image expo). I'll check the spine, but I thought that the spines looked fine. Did anyone else have issues with smudging?

not like they're all from the same source either.....if so i'd chalk it up to mishandling by one person...the corners aren't bad (compared to fatale) but that darn crease is in the same spot on all of them.

i guess you reach a point and say what the heck, pick the best one and hope for the best.

All the copies at my LCS had ink smudges on the back (on the white lettering for the image expo). I'll check the spine, but I thought that the spines looked fine. Did anyone else have issues with smudging?

now that you mention it...i have a smudge in the E of Expo on 2 of the best ones i picked out.

for the crease hold it in the light and look to the left and down of the names..near the gray/cream line.

Also you may find creases on the back cover even though they don't transfer to the front.

now that you mention it...i have a smudge in the E of Expo on 2 of the best ones i picked out.

for the crease hold it in the light and look to the left and down of the names..near the gray/cream line.

Also you may find creases on the back cover even though they don't transfer to the front.

What part of Ohio are you in, I will check around Wednesday in my area to see if any of my LCS have some HG copies.

Is there a way to SEND in raw copies to CGC and they get them signed and slabbed under a SS label? Is that a service of CGC? Had no idea if that's the case.

The CGC doesn't do it but there are people called Facilitators who does it for a fee. Desert Winds generally comes to mind.

Anyhow, I love the cover on Thief of Thieves and ordered one off Ebay.

http://www.imagecomics.com/news/151/THIEF-OF-THIEVES-1-SNATCHED-OFF-SHELVES

Continuing a trend for Image Comics in 2012, THIEF OF THIEVES #1, the first issue of a new series by Robert Kirkman (THE WALKING DEAD), Nick Spencer (MORNING GLORIES), and Shawn Martinbrough has sold out. The issue has immediately gone back to press and a second printing (DEC118235), with a new cover by Martinbrough, will be in stores on the same day as THIEF OF THIEVES #2, March 14.

The story of a master thief who gives up a luxurious and thrilling life of crime to try to salvage everything he lost -- his family and a life above ground -- by leaving it all behind, THIEF OF THIEVES launched on February 8. Prior to sale, there was wide interest in Kirkman bringing a television-style writing process to comics. A team of writers helps to refine the story of THIEF OF THIEVES, with Kirkman at the helm to guide the story.

Like all Image Comics titles, THIEF OF THIEVES #1 is available on a variety of electronic platforms as well as in comic book stores.