• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to forums

48 posts in this topic

Just introducing myself. I used to be a comic book collector when I was young..*lol* Got the Daredevil series in paper wraps in mail! Collected Wolverine during the late 1980's to 1990s, Punisher War Zone, etc..etc..X-Factor..(Whilce Portacio was drawing the books for a time), was collecting during the Image Comics start-up...Valiant getting Ninjak, Turok, etc..etc.. was during the death of Superman, Batman back broke by Bane..*lol* and haven't even stepped in a comic book store no more than 4-5 times the past 15 years..*lol*

I'm really now interested in acquiring comic books for collectors CGC quality.:) So Im new..I've seen some comic books on Ebay that have the CGC rating of 9.8 for a Wolverine #50, which I actually got back at home, but I know is nowhere near those grade..*lol* I was too busy reading them back then.

Is Ebay a reliable resource? I've actually seen one for 29.99 and more than few a little bit more expensive but rated the 9.8 as the 29.99 one. Also a Herb Trimpe signature one. So should I trust Ebay or could you direct me to a site that has more reliable/trustworthy comics books to buy? Thanks for the help guys and girls.

Welcome to the boards!

Ebay can be a good source for scoring those hard to find books for your collection but you need to do your homework first. They have a lot of good solid info here on the boards that has exposed tons of ebay scammers as well as grading companies. So take the time to read through some of the threads. Also, check out the for sale sections or make a WTB thread under the WTB sub-forum section.

YAY!!!!

Fresh meat umm.....I mean Welcome to the Boards :blush::grin:

(Hope you survive the asylum :insane: )

This is Dark Marvefangirl. Kind of like Dark Phoenix, only she's a Spurs fan.

Thanks for the help guys and girls.

Welcome to the Boards cpciv!

My advice is to change your Boards name now. It's a little nondescript in an alphabet soup kinda way.

May I suggest something a little catchier? More memorable?

Perhaps cp1970civ?

Or maybe cpfingciv?

Or Tupennycpciv?

xHBTBX is available? :o

YAY!!!!

Fresh meat umm.....I mean Welcome to the Boards :blush::grin:

(Hope you survive the asylum :insane: )

This is Dark Marvefangirl. Kind of like Dark Phoenix, only she's a Spurs fan.

Spurs AND whips and chains :devil:

And welcome to the boards new guy.

Muahahahaha :devil: