• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gil Kane Cover Thread
6 6

627 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

I have liked them, even if you did snag some of them out from under me :cry: I have 9 coming from the same source, look forward to seeing them. 

Sorry about the snagging (sort of, maybe a little B|).

I know we've talked about the interior art of these books in this thread previously. But getting these new books is a sad/tough reminder.

My god, most of it so primitive and stiff. It couldn't be more different than the covers.

4 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

I know we've talked about the interior art of these books in this thread previously. But getting these new books is a sad/tough reminder.

My god, most of it so primitive and stiff. It couldn't be more different than the covers.

I think I got the ones you guys didn’t get. I fell asleep on the KC 206.😡

4 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

I believe you ......¬¬ I was telling a collector friend of mine I won some Kane western cover books, he was not impressed, he doesn't like his art style one bit, he has no taste. -_- 

4 minutes ago, electricprune said:

I think I got the ones you guys didn’t get. I fell asleep on the KC 206.😡

Nice to know most of them went to board members, have you got yours yet? It will be a week or so before mine reaches the UK.

12 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Nice to know most of them went to board members, have you got yours yet? It will be a week or so before mine reaches the UK.

They’ve been delivered, but I’m out of town and won’t get to see them until tomorrow. Some of them looked to be graded a bit loosely, so I’m not sure what to expect.

1 minute ago, electricprune said:

They’ve been delivered, but I’m out of town and won’t get to see them until tomorrow. Some of them looked to be graded a bit loosely, so I’m not sure what to expect.

I thought they were pretty close on the books I bought. The misses weren't anything terrible. But I also didn't bid on some that were obvious misses.  

But I'm happy overall. And the books are very fresh and clean.

4 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Will you be getting them graded Barton?

Definitely the two Picture Frames that I bought. But they're not Kane covers. I haven't decided about the others yet. I'm not sure if it's worth the cost of grading unless they're 9.6 or better.