• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gil Kane Cover Thread
6 6

627 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ghost Town said:

Well, it is a Gil Kane cover.

About two years ago, I saw a bag just like this late night at a grocery store. I was in a hurry so I stupidly didn't buy it. I went back a couple days later to correct my grievous error and, of course, it was gone. I finally thought maybe Amazon might have it. And whaddaya know, I can sleep soundly again knowing Spidey has joined the fight against single use plastic bags,

49011172681_c5149b265b_b.jpg

Word!

💥🤟👏

Going back a few pages to the Marvel westerns some of us won from JS comics on ebay, I submitted 5 books from the 12 I won, they were all listed as 9.6 and when I received them I agreed, maybe 1 or 2 I thought 9.4, this is how they came back. Got to say the 9.2's are the nicest 9.2's I've seen, but I am baffled by the 9.0, graders notes say large bend top right of cover, O.o

DSC01485.JPG

DSC01489.JPG

DSC01492.JPG

DSC01496.JPG

DSC01493.JPG

DSC01494.JPG

DSC01495.JPG

On 2/13/2012 at 1:57 AM, Ghost Town said:

My earliest comic memories are the spinner racks at 7-11s and various drug stores. Although I probably didn't realize it at the time, a huge percentage of the Marvel covers were drawn by Gil Kane. I also didn't realize just how many dramatic, inventive, and memorable covers Kane drew in that period. So I figured it would be cool to have a thread dedicated to his work. I'm sure we'll be looking up a lot of noses, but here goes...

GSWerewolf2a.jpg

Looking back through this thread I could kick myself for not buying this book at the time you were selling it,:cry: but it looks like I have just bought your old copy of The Champions #1 .:banana:

On 5/5/2020 at 6:35 PM, Ghost Town said:

Yes, that was a particularly sweet book, David. Glad you got the Champions though. It's amazing how some of these books keep changing hands.

Looks like I spoke too soon, the book has been lost.:cry:

8 minutes ago, batmiesta said:
On 5/5/2020 at 10:35 AM, Ghost Town said:

Yes, that was a particularly sweet book, David. Glad you got the Champions though. It's amazing how some of these books keep changing hands.

Looks like I spoke too soon, the book has been lost.:cry:

Bummer. Insured, I hope?