• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eerie #1 Expert Needed
4 4

246 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2023 at 5:56 PM, Axe Elf said:

The blue line is a staple of EERIE #1 reprint identification.

It’s not a reprint. It’s the original counterfeit copy which was done by someone in house and/or connected that James Warren did not publicly name but steered the FBI to that person. The fact it was done using originals apparently that the person had access to is why it actually has better reproduction in some areas vs the original rushed ashcan. It’s that fact that makes it unique as counterfeits go since other knockoffs like TMNT or GOBBLEDYGOOK had inferior reproduction. If you have an Overstreet they list the tells for original, blue staple and other reproductions.

On 12/29/2023 at 8:25 PM, N e r V said:

It’s not a reprint. It’s the original counterfeit copy which was done by someone in house and/or connected that James Warren did not publicly name but steered the FBI to that person. The fact it was done using originals apparently that the person had access to is why it actually has better reproduction in some areas vs the original rushed ashcan. It’s that fact that makes it unique as counterfeits go since other knockoffs like TMNT or GOBBLEDYGOOK had inferior reproduction. If you have an Overstreet they list the tells for original, blue staple and other reproductions.

Yeah, I don't know what particular book you're talking about.

I was just making a joke about a "staple" of EERIE #1 reprint identification--the blue line on the staple.

On 12/29/2023 at 6:28 PM, Axe Elf said:

I was just making a joke about a "staple" of EERIE #1 reprint identification--the blue line on the staple.

Nerv is absolutely correct . That IS  the blue staple copies.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:28 PM, Axe Elf said:

I believe Nerv is referring to the same book you are---counterfeit copies of Eerie #1 that actually have blue stripes on the staples. Unfortunately, they're listed as 2nd printings in the Overstreet price guide...  :(