• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Death-Return Print Variant Collection
5 5

257 posts in this topic

I got this one in the mail today. I took a chance, hoped for 9.8 potential, but I wasn't holding my breath.

CC6FE76B-CAEF-48CC-B56A-768376152BA2_zpsh6sqslzc.jpg

Maybe a 9.4, but still nice. It will have to hold me over for now.

Nicely done Brandon...Ive got that same 2nd print too...

I got this one in the mail today. I took a chance, hoped for 9.8 potential, but I wasn't holding my breath.

CC6FE76B-CAEF-48CC-B56A-768376152BA2_zpsh6sqslzc.jpg

Maybe a 9.4, but still nice. It will have to hold me over for now.

Boom!

Merry Christmas to me!

Adventures%20of%20Superman%20496%202nd%20a_zpsqbmgljcj.jpg

:cloud9:

I've never seen one of these in the wild. I've wanted a 9.8 for several years, now there are 6 in the census. I love the Doomsday teaser issues, and those HTF second printings of said issues!

I just found a batch of these at a shop, all apparently from the same collection according to the dealer. The group included the following:

Man of Steel #18 4th print

Man of Steel #19 2nd print

Action Comics #684 2nd print

Superman #74 3rd print

Adventures of Superman #497 3rd print

Justice League #69 3rd print

There was also a Man of Steel #17 1st print, and two copies of Superman #75 4th print (which I did not end up buying). 

Not entirely sure what to do with these since I don't collect Superman. If I resell them, is it better to keep them as a lot or break them up individually? This is a bit outside my area of expertise, so any advice is welcome. 

2 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

I just found a batch of these at a shop, all apparently from the same collection according to the dealer. The group included the following:

Man of Steel #18 4th print

Man of Steel #19 2nd print

Action Comics #684 2nd print

Superman #74 3rd print

Adventures of Superman #497 3rd print

Justice League #69 3rd print

There was also a Man of Steel #17 1st print, and two copies of Superman #75 4th print (which I did not end up buying). 

Not entirely sure what to do with these since I don't collect Superman. If I resell them, is it better to keep them as a lot or break them up individually? This is a bit outside my area of expertise, so any advice is welcome. 

Best bet is to sell'em separately on eBay if not on this forum....its all about condition as most of those aren't worth that much even as multi-print....the MOS #18 4th printing is the most valuable there if the condition is NM+/- strong.....post pics?

Right? @Brando-

Edited by Dwitkin82

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, Dwitkin82 said:

Best bet is to sell'em separately on eBay if not on this forum....its all about condition as most of those aren't worth that much even as multi-print....the MOS #18 4th printing is the most valuable there if the condition is NM+/- strong.....post pics?

Right? @Brando-

That's right, it's about the condition and MoS #18 4th print would be the prize.

Good evening everyone, I am attempting to complete this set all in 9.8 or above.  I only need TWO more; Adventures of Superman 499 3rd printing and JLA 70 fourth printing.  Please check out my set at the link below as well as my WTB thread link below.  I really appreciate any help!  I have a few extras I'd be willing to trade, please PM me.  Thanks!

P.S. Sorry if you see the links twice below!  Was trying to make sure they show up on mobile.

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/Comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=119612

Edited by Iconic1s

2 hours ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Everyone see that #499 3rd print 9.6 CGC sell on eBay for $157?

I almost went for that thinking about resubmitting it but the lower left corner looked like it had no shot at upgrading.  I asked the seller if it had been pressed and he ‘couldn’t remember.’  Not sure it would have mattered because it looked like color loss on that corner.  Too bad!!

Someone got a good deal on a 9.6 though!

1 hour ago, Iconic1s said:

I almost went for that thinking about resubmitting it but the lower left corner looked like it had no shot at upgrading.  I asked the seller if it had been pressed and he ‘couldn’t remember.’  Not sure it would have mattered because it looked like color loss on that corner.  Too bad!!

Someone got a good deal on a 9.6 though!

Was that the same seller who the MOS #20 2nd print?

7 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

I have completed Prints 1-5 and Newsstand for MOS18 in CGC 9.8 (still think the 4th print is the best):

315389216_MOS18AllPrints.thumb.jpg.04c8c820e85d2fb9b0d62affa95ef9df.jpg

Working on Superman 75 Prints 1-4 in CGC 9.8 - just need the 4th Print:

2063903450_Superman75FirsttoThird.thumb.jpg.72c641adb86dfe4298b66e68c5a03425.jpg

Thats pretty sweet.. i wanted to complete a set of all the prints for the death of superman run

but then i got angry at DC for playing a horrible trick on me and decided not to