• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Death-Return Print Variant Collection
5 5

257 posts in this topic

I just don't get how a 9.8 Jurgens SS has a GPA of $1k, and a 9.6 Jurgens SS has a GPA of $200. Quite a difference.

Anyway, unless someone sells one from a BUY IT NOW / MAKE AN OFFER, I don't think the GPA for this is gonna go down. Does anyone know the seller? Is he here?

I have a 4th print of Superman 75 that I pulled out of a dollar bin in 1994. I honestly never thought it would be something collected or even appreciated. Kinda cool knowing that those later printings are still appreciated by some.

I have a 4th print of Superman 75 that I pulled out of a dollar bin in 1994. I honestly never thought it would be something collected or even appreciated. Kinda cool knowing that those later printings are still appreciated by some.

I wouldn't use the term 'demand' for the later printings or the newstand

versions, but there is a certain segment of comic collectors that will

want [ myself included ] every copy of a series printed. I collect Tom and Jerry, and at one time had a complete collection, then I discovered the joys of

the chase of Whitman variants.

I wouldn't use the term 'demand' for the later printings or the newstand

versions, but there is a certain segment of comic collectors that will

want [ myself included ] every copy of a series printed. I collect Tom and Jerry, and at one time had a complete collection, then I discovered the joys of

the chase of Whitman variants.

I didn't use the word 'demand.' I actually avoided typing it. I think 'appreciate' better defines how people view it. lol

Were there any other issues that had the same cover as the 75 platinum? Or at least a similar cover? I saw something in a long box a few months ago that looked ALOT like the 75 platinums on ebay that was not in a polybag.

Are the ungraded, non-polybagged platinums worth anything significant?

The normal black bag issue of Superman 75 looks just like the platinum version but without the shiny shield and text.

Normal black bag version

sup075s.jpg

Edited by svndst1030

Print run on 75 platinum was 10,000. Not too sure on the 500.

Was it a retailer incentive based off orders? I remember my friend had to buy like 50-100 Sups 75 to get a platinum I think it was 50.

This is what I found in a Comic Buyers Guide from early December 1992. Not sure if this accounts for all 10,000 of the issues but it appears they were given out free.

IMG_0004-1.jpg

Does anyone have a Superman 75 Platinum with a serial number under 1000?

If so, then I think there are more than 10,000 in existence. If not, then the lowest number serial number is probably 1000 or 1001.

Superman75Platinum_Breeding.jpg

Superman75Platinum_Breeding_back.jpg

hm can't say that I have ever seen one under 1,000. I know my one at CGC is in the 8,000s and my other one is pretty low at 1,431.

That autographed one has "10921 A" which makes me think the numbering might start at 1,000 and end at 11,000.

It also makes me wonder how many received the "A" (I'm assuming that means "autographed").

At first I figured any copy numbered above 10000 would be "A", but until I see another one, I don't know.

(If there were 1,000 signed copies with the "A", shouldn't they be 1-in-10 in the marketplace?)

hm can't say that I have ever seen one under 1,000. I know my one at CGC is in the 8,000s and my other one is pretty low at 1,431.
Just got it back and I was mistaken. The book I just submitted for Jurgens SS was numbered 1222.

(Just wanted to add that I am sitting here looking over my Mega Con haul and have UFC on the television. The two guys going at it are nicknamed Superman and Doomsday.)

Just got it back and I was mistaken. The book I just submitted for Jurgens SS was numbered 1222.

(Just wanted to add that I am sitting here looking over my Mega Con haul and have UFC on the television. The two guys going at it are nicknamed Superman and Doomsday.)

So what's the grade? Did you get that fast tracked?

9.6 and yes it was fast tracked. Have to wait for Jurgens next show to get the one I bought from you signed

I wonder where mine is. I got it fast tracked too.

I actually have a 9.8 blue label. But I really don't wanna crack it open and risk getting a lower grade when sub for ss

I wonder where mine is. I got it fast tracked too.
No idea. I got a package in last night with 11 Death/Return of Superman books. My biggest order from CGC yet.

I actually have a 9.8 blue label. But I really don't wanna crack it open and risk getting a lower grade when sub for ss
I prefer yellow labels so I would take the risk but I can understand not wanting to.

No idea. I got a package in last night with 11 Death/Return of Superman books. My biggest order from CGC yet.

Just checked out your updated set. I'm jealous of the Superman 80; I've been searching for a high quality book to submit forever. No Justice League 70 or 71 submitted?