• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the hardest Creepy issues.
3 3

72 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, creepy999 said:

Thanks so much for your help - awesome information. Two quick questions from a newbie: 1. what grade do "high grades" start? 2. For my first Vampirella's I bought CGC Vampirella #2 and #8 at 9.4 and 9.6 grades. Did I make a mistake already? I intend to concentrate on a Vampirella collection. Thanks again for your time!!

Why do you think you may have made a mistake? If you are simply collecting Vampirellas go for nice ungraded copies. Nice, in that they have good eye appeal. You will save a fortune staying away from CGC graded issues.

1 hour ago, RedRaven said:

Why do you think you may have made a mistake? If you are simply collecting Vampirellas go for nice ungraded copies. Nice, in that they have good eye appeal. You will save a fortune staying away from CGC graded issues.

MIne

1 hour ago, creepy999 said:

Is Vampirella 1 in a 7.5 CGC grade more coveted than say a #2 in 9.4 or 9.6?

I'm glad you're so enthusiastic about collecting. You didn't make any mistake purchasing nice copies of those early issues. Some of the other ones are a bit tougher in high grade, however they still show up from time to time. Most people consider a 9.2 grade the lowest they'll go in a high grade collection, but a nice 9.0 is always OK by me...I'll even take an 8.5 if it has nice eye appeal. A Vampi #1 in high grade is getting pretty pricey---I believe a 9.2 sold recently for over $3500.

I hope this helps and good luck!  :)

On 8/16/2018 at 2:54 PM, creepy999 said:

Is Vampirella 1 in a 7.5 CGC grade more coveted than say a #2 in 9.4 or 9.6?

I would say so emphatically YES!

Vampirella #1 is an iconic book with a Classic Frazetta Cover.  It's lovely to have HG Magazines.  They just shine and pop.  But in terms of coveted hands down...V#1 7.5 above a HG #2.

29 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

I would say so emphatically YES!

Vampirella #1 is an iconic book with a Classic Frazetta Cover.  It's lovely to have HG Magazines.  They just shine and pop.  But in terms of coveted hands down...V#1 7.5 above a HG #2.

Vampi #1 = :whee::banana:     :whee: 

Vampi #2 =  :golfclap:

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Hardest Creepy for sure in high grade are the black cover issues??‼️

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore the original question. 

I find that the black cover issues are always difficult in high grade, but a couple of others stand out in the crowd as well:

#29, #32, #41, #45...

It’s nearly the tenth anniversary of the start of this thread back when the mighty Oakman was just starting his Creepy run. After years of working to upgrade my own Creepy run to all 9.4 or better, here are the issues that continue to elude me, and the grade I have thus far:

2  9.2

5  9.2

13  9.2

18  9.2

20  9.2

32  9.2

53  9.2

66  9.2

85  9.2

146  9.2

1968 Yearbook. 8.5

Yep, that first yearbook is my nemesis, and lowest grade Creepy in my collection. 

Edited by Stevemmg