• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peter Panzerfaust

5,281 posts in this topic

yeah, almost like reading a classical play (or a classics illustrated off a classical work). One of the 2 i got had a few spine bends. No high grades in what i saw at 2 stores and not many copies there.

Hope disney doesn't get ticked :) They're hyper sensitive about everything.

This sounded interesting to me but I just read these and I didn't care for it. Its off my pull list.

I think the series is going to pick up with issue 3. The cover solicitation looks like the introduction of Wendy. JMHO

i could see how some people would be a bit blah about Peter Panzerfaust. When you consider many Image books have naked women, sex, exploding heads turned to jelly with eyeballs launching like missiles, torture, cursing, etc.

The whole idea about a bunch of kids fighting the nazis in france would seem milky toast boring in comparison.

i could see how some people would be a bit blah about Peter Panzerfaust. When you consider many Image books have naked women, sex, exploding heads turned to jelly with eyeballs launching like missiles, torture, cursing, etc.

The whole idea about a bunch of kids fighting the nazis in france would seem milky toast boring in comparison.

I don't think that's it - I've found the writing so far to be lacking in excitement or adventure which, considering where the story is set, is the exact opposite of what it should be.

Still, it is only two issues. I think most modern comics need 6 issues to find their feet.

has anyone found Peter Panzerfaust #1 2nd printing at their LCS? no luck here....

oh, and does anyone else find it odd that no one in the comic has any symbols (france or swastika) on their uniforms...They mention the nazis but it's like their uniforms never made it to the local seamstress to sew on the patches.

very non-descript.

is that so that they can sell it to a wider audience overseas. I think the Nazi symbol is banned in certain areas.

Picked up a copy of #1 from the lcs today and really liked it - a lot more than I thought I would. I'm gonna go back tomorrow and pick up a copy of the 2nd ish.

Not sure if this has been reported in this thread yet, but the writer has confirmed that this will no longer be a mini and will actually run for about 30 issues.

Same thing happened to Wiebe's last series, Green Wake, though. Planned as a mini, becomes an ongoing, and yet it was cancelled after only ten issues due to low sales.

I think the initial idea of Green Wake was pretty good (even if kind of re-hashed), and Riley's artwork is always fantastic... especially setting a dark mood like that. So at first, I can see why expectations were pretty high. As it went on, however, I thought it got a bit more nebulous and more difficult to follow. I quit reading it on a monthly basis after #6 and just waited until I had the next 4 to read in a row. I really enjoyed it when I did it that way, but not nearly so much when I was trying to read them monthly.

Peter, I think, seems as though it will be much easier to follow and hopefully won't shed readers as quickly.