• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Well, today I finally got a copy of #1 first printing... been after this book for a while, but never wanted to buy one without seeing it with my own two in person, and I never saw it in any local stores over the last few years. Only times I ever saw a first print at a show, they were jacked up beyond belief, but after a trade of Punisher #1 (the first mini searies) and Poe Dameron #10 Leia variant, I got what I'd estimate is a 9.4 before press for $80. I do trades with this store all the time, so even if it wasn't a great deal, I don't care... this is the same guy that hooked me up with the Alf #48 for $5 among other great deals over the last half year. Plus, I have a few extras of those comics I traded in as back up protection anyway, so I'm satisfied.

Probably not going to work on getting a full run going on this, just maybe the first two years worth of issues, like up to #25. I've only read the first two trades but I love it, and it's great to finally get a hold of what had become one of my most sought after modern comics.

22 hours ago, BishopT said:

Well, today I finally got a copy of #1 first printing...  I got what I'd estimate is a 9.4 before press for $80. 

You did quite well.

I've been meaning to collect this series for a while now and am about to start the plunge. But what are your guys' thoughts on the #1 incentive variant? Seems like nearly every copy in existence is a CGC 9.8. Do you think they will hold their value or is it a dubious purchase right now?

On 1/29/2018 at 9:42 AM, sirwesker said:

My understanding is the 4th print is incredibly rare. 

Yes it is.  I didn't even know that until after I made the purchase.  Thinking at the time I didn't get the first print copy..bummer.   Then I did some research and was pleased. 

6 minutes ago, Warcrawl said:

Yes it is.  I didn't even know that until after I made the purchase.  Thinking at the time I didn't get the first print copy..bummer.   Then I did some research and was pleased. 

I was recently able to acquire a CGC 9.8 of the 4th print. I believe there are only 19 of them on the census. Not to say more don't exist raw, but they don't come up for sale all that often in that condition.