• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

still wonder why you can get ex machina for dirt cheap...maybe saga will spark interest in it.

It'll spark interest in the trades, but I still don't think it will do anything for the singles. The first few Y singles are pricey because BKV was a relative unknown at the time and Y #1 was published at perhaps the lowest point of the direct market in terms of overall comic sales, meaning it was severely under ordered. By the time Ex Machina came out, everyone knew who BKV was and the market was in a better place.

so following that logic, why would this be worth speculating on?

yeah still not getting why everyone knowing who he was made Ex Machina a bust (investment speaking). Was the print run massive?

I think the lesson here is most singles do not appreciate in value. 90% or more of modern back issues will sell at cover or below. Mostly below. It's truly rare that something will explode in value over a long period of time, and when it does it's usually tied to an upcoming movie or tv series.

so odds are then that Saga will be a good read but nothing more.

Most likely. But there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Exactly. :cloud9:

After speaking with Vaughan I wouldn't bet on it. :(

I can count on you to get me one SS copy then that is personalized to me right :baiting:

At some point definitely. :)