• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I reordered copies today so diamond still had stock. My pull list preorders were weak and so was my shelf order. I guess we will see tomorrow

Is there an example of book with this much p

re-release hype that sold out at the distributor level and then held on to a high price after it came out (at least $25) for five plus years?

Chew hasn't't been out for five years but it sure has value. We are in a new age for comics because of the proliferation of tv & film adaptations. Any comparisons aren't fair. My 2 cents.

Is there an example of book with this much p

re-release hype that sold out at the distributor level and then held on to a high price after it came out (at least $25) for five plus years?

Chew hasn't't been out for five years but it sure has value. We are in a new age for comics because of the proliferation of tv & film adaptations. Any comparisons aren't fair. My 2 cents.

Chew was a surprise. It didn't have the pre-hype release of this book.

I'd really like to know what % of the print run will end up in Calgary.

1 store in town is advertising a buy 1 get one free for Saga tomorrow, since they have a signing with Fiona Staples in April.

Another is having a signing with Fiona Staples tomorrow for a couple hours, that normally gets a ton of Image #1's to begin with. Someone in the store told me 500 copies.

This is a store that still has 6-10 copes of every issue of Cowboy Ninja Viking on the shelf. They over ordered by a ton since Riley Rossmo worked there.

Edited by wolf_2099

I'd really like to know what % of the print run will end up in Calgary.

1 store in town is advertising a buy 1 get one free for Saga tomorrow, since they have a signing with Fiona Staples in April.

Another is having a signing with Fiona Staples tomorrow for a couple hours, that normally gets a ton of Image #1's to begin with. Someone in the store told me 500 copies.

This is a store that still has 6-10 copes of every issue of Cowboy Ninja Viking on the shelf. They over ordered by a ton since Riley Rossmo worked there.

A shop that supports Image? I wish that was my shop. Riley is the man. One day all of you fools will recognize his brilliance! :preach:

Just about to read the issue but had a quick question for people looking for mint copies. All the ones i found had a nick on the bottom left. Anyone have any luck finding one without? Even the scanned ones on ebay seem to have it as well.

Edited by Tuff Ghost

All the copies in my shop had them too. Probably due to the normal cover stock on an oversized comic.

CGC may forgive it when submitted if it's on all copies. If not, 9.8's may be rare.

I was also told a few times the print run was 200k

Did they also have beach front property to sell you in Nebraska?

Edit: Did they also have beach front property to sell you in Calgary? lol

Edited by maloney414