• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Place Like Home

294 posts in this topic

Gave the first issue another read yesterday. Still like it! On the second read through, I noticed the story takes place in 2001. Likewise, the story refers to events that happened in 1959. At first I thought 1959 was a reference to the film version of the story, but of course that premiered 20 years earlier in 1939. So, 1959 and 2001. I can't help but think there's something significant about those dates.

i liked the comic but....

i thought she should have been a bit more upset about her parents being killed by a Twister. From the looks of the town it was a pretty recent event.

She was yucking it up in the car with her friend (and again in the diner) and probably should have been close to having a nervous breakdown or at least showing a little bit of sorrow.

And then she wants to open the coffin at the gravesite? Never heard of anyone doing that before, pretty odd.

"well heck how about just one last peek before you lower them down"

anyways tons of potential, fun read overall

Here's the new cover and the info:

NPLH012NDCover72.jpg

NO PLACE LIKE HOME #1, the first issue of a new Image Comics series by Angelo Tirotto and Richard Jordan has sold out after being released on February 22. A new printing (JAN128166) has immediately gone to press and will be in stores the same day as NO PLACE LIKE HOME #2 (JAN120598), March 21.

A re-imagining of The Wizard of Oz, NO PLACE LIKE HOME tells the story of Dee, a young woman who returns home to Kansas from L.A. after the deaths of her parents. The deaths were attributed to a tornado, but a few people in Emeraldsville seem to know something more. Dee will have to uncover the small town’s dark secrets to solve the mystery.

NO PLACE LIKE HOME #1 has been warmly received by reviewers:

“No Place Like Home has all of the elements of a classic. There’s a vibrant cast of characters, a rural setting, suspense, mystery, a decent amount of gore, and even a prophetic drunkard to ice the cake.”

— Bloody Disgusting

“For readers looking for something fresh and fun, yet deadly and mysterious, look no further than No Place Like Home. Angelo Tirotto’s take on The Wizard of Oz is unlike any adaptation seen before.”

— Broken Frontier

“The story and the art all come together in an effective, suspenseful package that’s well worth a read.”

— Newsarama

NO PLACE LIKE HOME is a monthly, full-color comic book, available in comic book stores and multiple digital outlets.