• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place to buy back issues online?

54 posts in this topic

So what's the run down on selling on Comic Collector Live. I have like 3,000 bargain bin comics I'm thinking of listing there. Are there fees? Is the marketplace active?

You have to download their program, which houses all the information about almost every comic book. This is great if you are selling bargain comics as you don't have to upload any pictures nor write any descriptions. All that information is provided via their program. I you need to supply your own pictures and/or comments the ability is there. The program is $30.

The monthly store costs you $14.95 a month and one cent to list a comic book. Your books stay listed until they sell or you take it off. the best part is that they don't charge you every month for the comic books that are listed like eBay's store does where it costs 20 cents a month to keep a comic book listed. Final fees are 6% I believe from sale and shipping.

You can check out my store by clicking on the link below. "Boostergold's online store"

Edited by boostergold

So what's the run down on selling on Comic Collector Live. I have like 3,000 bargain bin comics I'm thinking of listing there. Are there fees? Is the marketplace active?

You have to download their program, which houses all the information about almost every comic book. This is great if you are selling bargain comics as you don't have to upload any pictures nor write any descriptions. All that information is provided via their program. I you need to supply your own pictures and/or comments the ability is there. The program is $30.

The monthly store costs you $14.95 a month and one cent to list a comic book. Your books stay listed until they sell or you take it off. the best part is that they don't charge you every month for the comic books that are listed like eBay's store does where it costs 20 cents a month to keep a comic book listed. Final fees are 6% I believe from sale and shipping.

You can check out my store by clicking on the link below. "Boostergold's online store"

Thanks for the info ;) I may try it for a month or two . How do you handle shipping charges? Edited by dupont2005

Personally, since I get my comics cheap, I charge $3.00 for unlimited comic books and if they spend $15.00, or more, shipping is free. Most of the time people will spend $20 or more and it only costs me around $5.00 to ship 20+ comics, so I still make out pretty good.

lonestarcomics.com isn't the best service, but jebus their prices are so low. $1.10 for most any comic not recent (except valuable ones).

Just bought Paul Jenkins entire Spidey run from there in individual comics, I think there were only 5 or 6 that were more than $1.10

New Kadia Here!

I submitted a bunch of comics to them...but I also graded one long box prior to submission - just to make sure they entered them all and graded what I would..and I would say 95% of the grades were what I wrote -

I can share my results with them here - but only if you all want to see a giant excel spreadsheet

NewKadia???????

That's a joke right? I bought a couple of books that were supposed to be nm. They came in as flimsy envelope, folded and bent.

Never tried them again

Personally, since I get my comics cheap, I charge $3.00 for unlimited comic books and if they spend $15.00, or more, shipping is free. Most of the time people will spend $20 or more and it only costs me around $5.00 to ship 20+ comics, so I still make out pretty good.

How does the rating system for sellers work? I always leave good feedback but I don't really see people's hero scores go up afterwards.

Metropolis is quite good. For an unslabbed book, you may wish to buy one grade up from your usual , e.g., if you buy CGC 9.0 books, look for their unslabbed books rated 9.2.

You can enter your entire want list with Metropolis and they will email you matches weekly, or only new arrivals if you prefer.

I agree. I feel the same though, that they slightly over grade their books. However their customer service is excellent as they make you feel just as important whether you are spending $100 or $10,000.

On 2/23/2012 at 10:33 PM, the blob said:

He seems like a nice guy, but putting aside shipping costs to/from Canada, if you are to believe what he writes in Overstreet, pretty much all of his inventory regularly moves for 100-150% of guide...even cheap stuff....aside from maybe moderns and what not. If that's how he's pricing stuff, it seems a bit high on most items.

Yeah his prices are crazy for raw comics.