• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Damage Caused by Shifting in the CGC Case
1 1

26 posts in this topic

Alright so I sent in my Avengers 1 6.5 to CGC to get pressed and regraded since it was in the old style blue label. I prefer the new case for sure and believe it protects the comic better.

iI just received it today, it ended up a 6.5 still. Some of the slight wrinkles were better for sure because of the press so I was hoping it would be enough to get it to a 7.0. Oh well. 

The real issue is I can feel and see the internal case and comic mess inside the slab. It feels very annoying and I worry about it honestly. You would think for a $6000 comic they would make sure it’s secure.  

What is the process to have CGC re-slab it yet again?  I’m hoping they pay for shipping back and insurance since it costs a lot and this is not my fault. Anyone have experience with this?  I don’t like that the comic moves inside the slab. None of my others do this.  Thanks guys. 

From what I’ve read on these boards over the years, CGC will either “fix” the damage or reimburse the owner of the book.

To suggest that CGC isn’t responsible for what happens to the book after encapsulation is silly.  

Edited by THE_BEYONDER