• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #94 Black & White Image Expo Variant Club

256 posts in this topic

It's been mentioned from time to time in the Walking Dead discussion threads that we should try and get a CGC Board Walking Dead Variant. I think now is the perfect time for such a variant because of the Something to Fear story arc and the monumental 100th issue. Obviously Larry's Comics and others who hold large convention often produce regional variants for the Walking Dead. I imagine that a number of board members have been involved in the production of those regional variant covers and would be capable of getting such a variant produced or willing to share the information necessary to produce such a variant. It would be great if one of those individuals would offer to take the lead on getting this done and/or share the informaiton necessary to get this done. I'm happy to assist in any way I can and would be willing to contact a couple image artists that I talk to via email and see if they would like to draw a cover. I cross posted a comparable message in the "Heating up on Ebay" thread because that thread may well be renamed Walking Dead comics heating up on Ebay" and if done right this variant will be a smash hit and command a signidicant price on ebay. Please PM me if you are interested in getting this done and if I receive more than 20 PMs I will start a seperate thread on this topic to share ideas and see if we can actually get this done. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Believe it or not, Kirkman is not a huge fan of too many variants. While there seemed to be a mini run of variants between #81 and #87, the only recent variants were the Image Expo #94's and that was because Image Expo was a first time show for them. I suspect we'll see something for WD #100 but getting a new WD variant produced isn't going to be that easy.

I do remember chatter a long time ago about maybe pooling money together to get a Walking Dead blank variant produced. Did that end up going anywhere?

I appreciate your enthusiasm on this, but at the moment, I wouldn't hold your breath on this. We'll see where the future takes us. (But hey, if someone can pull this off, I say GO FOR IT!) :)

don't forget 75, 78 and 85

I will join the club as well. Need to start uploaded my pics to photobucket to share. Bought a pair of B&W & Color #94 Expo about 6 weeks ago for $210 total and got them back from CGC last week. Both 9.8's I was very happy. Someday I will get a 9.9 or 10.....just saying. Only submitted about 70 comics so far and best is 9.8.

Branget as most on this I have purchased form you and love your stuff! I just thougt I should join in instead of reading everyone's comments for the last 6 months

I will join the club as well. Need to start uploaded my pics to photobucket to share. Bought a pair of B&W & Color #94 Expo about 6 weeks ago for $210 total and got them back from CGC last week. Both 9.8's I was very happy. Someday I will get a 9.9 or 10.....just saying. Only submitted about 70 comics so far and best is 9.8.

Branget as most on this I have purchased form you and love your stuff! I just thougt I should join in instead of reading everyone's comments for the last 6 months

Please let me know the seller who would sell a 200 print run of the hottest modern title for that cheap...I need to get a copy or two :applause: