• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hell Yeah!

111 posts in this topic

I claimed two on these boards. If I get both you are welcome to the extra copy. I would look on the sales thread & on eBay. I am looking forward to the title. I think it will be well written, but like a couple others, I have concern over the art.

So...is anyone else looking forward to this one?

And...does anyone happen to have an extra copy of the Image Expo ashcan? Unfortunately, wasn't able to make it to the Expo myself, so hoping someone might be able to help.

I can send you one assuming you don't think the shipping is asinine. ;)

That'd be great, thanks!

Very curious to see where the story goes. Hope the story is cohesive and well thought out, and not just a bunch of random jokes and observations. Hard to get a feel from the sample pages that are out there. The art will be fine as long as the story is good (this is what I have been telling myself about Walking Dead since issue 7).

What frustrates me, though, is how my iPad keeps autocorrecting " he'll yeah" no matter how many times I type it.

yeah the artwork at the moment is a bit meh...at least from the few pages i saw. But i like the premise so hopefully it will come together. Hope they don't try to cram in too much backstory right out the gate. I thought Thief of Thieves shoved about 4 comics worth of plot in the first 4 or 5 pages.

Then again it's easy to be spoiled by so many great artists working in the field.

The fact that the first issue is 32 pages is a good sign (of hopefully not cramming too much)

yeah, i read no commerical interruptions either.

the only part concering the artwork that bothered me was when that superhero guy was talking to that little kid and the kids feet were turned outward. No sure why that struck me as odd.

Yeah, I did, and I actually prefer the variant cover to the regular edition. I hate books that automatically start at a premium (in total disregard of cover price), but I might make an exception in this case, as it IS the scarcest #1 first print.

Hope this book is as good as some of the hype I am hearing about it...and yet at the same time trying to temper my expectations and take the hype with a grain of sale. Ha.

there's been some concerns about the artwork...but if the writing is good it doesn't really matter much to me. I'm guessing the cover for the regular edition is the ashcan and the cover we see with the kid jumping is for the limited edition. If so the limited blows away the regular edition.

here's a preview i haven't seen before...looks promising.

Heck Yeah

Cool, I never mind spending a bit on some cool variants for #1's. I usually don't try to collect all the variants for an entire series but I usually have fun on the #1's. Thanks for the heads up on the ebay listing. I ended up getting the one that is the 'signed variant + ashcan' since I didn't have one of those either.

I can't get over the fact that the ashcans seem to be selling in the $20 - $25 range on eBay. That seems like a lot for a book that hasn't even hit stands yet. It could be worthless in just a few weeks!

That being said...when comparing this ashcan in an edition of 200 (pre-first issue, signed/numbered, includes what could end up being a key first appearance, and, at the very least, is two pages of story content unique to the ashcan, never to be reprinted), and the Walking Dead 94 B&W variant in an edition of 200 (variant cover to an otherwise insignificant issue, identical contents to the regular edition), I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the ashcan selling for more than the WD 94 B&W if the book does take off.

Perhaps a long shot, especially considering that the ashcan is currently $20 or so, and the B&W variant is in the $300 range for the moment. I do think, however, that the B&W variant has already peaked, and the ashcan has all the potential in the world for future growth

And...as of today, you can get 15 ashcans for the price of one B&W variant.

ashcans are a shoot, not many seem to have held their value. But, who knows. I'm getting a few just in case.

problem with buying/speculating/investing in comics is (sometimes) by the time it arrives in the mail you've watched it get really hot and then cringe as the bottom falls out before you can even open the package.

These people that are able to jump on stuff and make all the money in the few days it stays hot must have amazing connections/resources available to them.