• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10% off CAPTAINS, BOYS, WOMEN, BONDAGE, SPIRIT;) Etc MOST ARE GA

72 posts in this topic

10% off the remaining books

I will be listing about 30 books tonight, I’ve had most of these for a while. To the best of my knowledge none have been pressed.

Since they are not slabbed, and GPA wouldn't really apply, I did some research on eBay regarding pricing, and the prices I listed are what they seem to be going for on there (if I could find a copy listed at all).

I’m going to list the books here, first, then any that are left, will go on eBay, probably tomorrow night, if I get home in time...sorry for the short sales thread, but I won't have time over the weekend.

Payment, Personal Checks, MO's or Paypal. I do accept time payments, just PM me if you want to work something out.

Shipping is $5.00 priority mail, tracked (in the US) for up to 4 books in a flat rate priority envelope, with VERY strong boards (tracked).

or my preference, boxed...1 book (boxed with tracking) I pay for private insurance, so that is included. For more than 1 book boxed, it would depend on your location, I charge exact shipping, with a cap (in the US) at $9.00, anything over that, I’ll cover.

If you spend more than $150, shipping is free.

I gladly ship out of the US, but I can only ship using priority mail, so whatever the cost is, is what I charge.

I can get up to 4 books for $5.00 using a flat rate in the US, or at cost elsewhere.

I will accept PM :takeit: , but in case of a tie, the :takeit: one posted on the board, rules.

No one on the probation list is allowed to buy on this or any of my threads.

I'm having a hard time with the kudos link in my profile, it keeps reverting to eBay, so here is a separate link.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=202747&Number=4279012#Post4279012

If you don't know me, then you can also look on eBay under Skypinkblu, I have a few feedbacks there, as well:)

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=skypinkblu&ftab=AllFeedback

I take returns for any reason, just let me know within 7 days of receipt if there is a problem. Thank you!

Captain Midnight #19, Fawcett 1944, White pages, nice color, a small tear (about 1/2 inch) to the right of the clock, a few small tears on the splash page. Some light creasing that is hard to see in the scan. Grade is Very Good- (3.5) Guide is $48 in Good and $98 in Very Good. Bin is $70.00

CaptainMidnite19002.jpg

th_captainmidnite19001.jpg

Captain Midnight # 53, Fawcett 1947, Laboratory Panel, White to Off-white pages, Great color, some non color breaking creasing. Grade is Very Good+ (maybe VG/F) 4.5 to 5.0. Guide is Bin is $43 in Very Good, $69 in Fine. Bin is $40.00

captainmidnite53002.jpg

CaptainMidnite53003.jpg

th_captainmidnite53001.jpg

Captain Midnight #54, FAWCETT , 1947 Fawcett, pages are very nice, about White, there are a few small tears on the pages (no art missing) and the obvious piece off the front cover. Grade is Fair/Good (1.5) Bin is $15.00

Sold,

captainmidnite54002.jpg

th_captainmidnite54001.jpg

Captain Midnight #56, Fawcett, 1957, Nice color ...off-white pages, some small tears on the book and some on the spine (about 1" top and bottom, plus a few tiny ones). A red stain in the middle of the cover, near the smoke. Grade is Good (2.0) Bin is $20.00

Sold,

captainmidnite56002.jpg

th_captainmidnite56001.jpg

Captain Midnight #67, Fawcett 1946, White to off-white pages, great color on the cover and a small piece off bottom right, lots of creasing that you might not see in the scan. Cover is split about 4 inches at the bottom. There is actually some GGA art in this book, or as risque as I've seen in a Fawcett book. Grade is Good (2.0) Overstreet Guide is $20 in Good Condition. Bin is $18.00

Sold,

captainmidnite67002.jpg

CaptainMidnite67003.jpg

th_captainmidnite67001.jpg

Captain Marvel Jr. #109, Fawcett, 1952, white pages, great color, Some creasing on the top of the back cover. 2 hard to see lines (creases) diagonal on the front cover. Grade is VG+ (4.5) or a little better (it looks better than the scan in person) Guide is $44.00 in VG and $66.00 in Fine , Bin is $38.00.

Note, there is no color missing on the top edge, that's the scanner.

CaptainMarvelJr109002.jpg

th_CaptainMarvelJr109001.jpg

Captain Marvel Story Book #4, Fawcett, 1949, An interesting concept with a page of text and a page of pictures with word balloons next to it, so the book is half text. Pages are white, there are some small tears, nice color and gloss, a slight subscription crease, much more creasing on the back than the front. Grade is VG, (4.0). Guide is $78 in VG, Bin is $45.00.

captainmarvelstorybook002.jpg

th_captainmarvelstorybook001.jpg

Captain Marvel Adventures #68, Fawcett, 1946,White to Off-white pages, great color, some non color breaking creasing on the front, some worse creasing on the back. Grade is VG+ (4.5) Guide is $60 in VG and $90 in Fine. Bin is $50.00.

captainmarvel68002.jpg

th_captainmarvel68001.jpg

Boy Commandos # 2, 1943, Hitler cover, LAST Liberty Belle story. The book has nice color, pages are off-white to white, but there is some tanning inside the covers. Then there is the hole...which I don't think was a bullet, it only goes through half the book. Guide is $239 in Good, Bin is $200.00.

boycommandos002.jpg

boycommandos003.jpg

th_boycommandos001.jpg

Best from BOY's LIFE #2, 1958m Classics Illustrated, in cooperation with the Boy Scouts. This is the nicest copy I've had (and I had a few) It's at least a VF (8.0.), but I think it's probably better. Guide is $42.00 bin is $20.00.

boyslife2002.jpg

th_boyslife2001.jpg

Best from BOY's LIFE #4, 1958 Classics Illustrated, in cooperation with the Boy Scouts.L.B.Cole art pages are White to Off-white, color is excellent, there is a stain on the top under the logo and on the back. Grade is VG/F, (5.0) Guide is $20.00, bin is $7.00

boyslife4001.jpg

th_boyslife4001.jpg

Best from BOY's LIFE #5, 1958 Classics Illustrated, in cooperation with the Boy Scouts.Pages are White. Very nice copy with wonderful color, but there is a stain on the back cover, so I'll grade it Fine+, Guide is $24 in Fine and $44 in VF, bin is $12.00

boyslife5002.jpg

th_boyslife5001.jpg

Women Outlaws #2, 1948, Fox. nice color, dirt. and stains that show on the inside of the front cover. Looks like the pages inside got wet (the bottom right corner) and the very bottom right corner (inside pages) is very rounded, cover is OK and so is the rest of the page, so I'm guessing, this book would be "slightly brittle" even though the cover is not. VG guide is $120, not sure what to grade this. so I scanned an inside page so you can see the corner. Bin is $45.00 Sold,

womenoutlaws002.jpg

womenoutlaws003.jpg

th_womenoutlaws001.jpg

The Spirit #1, Fiction House 1952, Eisner. Bondage, White pages, there is a slight ripple at the bottom of the front cover, it's possible it was the victim of a cup. Great color, grade is Fine-, Guide is $86 in VG, and $138 in Fine. Bin is $100.00

spirit1002.jpg

th_spirit1001.jpg

The Spirit #4, Fiction house 1953, Bondage, Will Eisner, off-white to cream pages, 1.5 inch cover spine split. I think the pieces missing on the back cover, are bug chews, but I'm not an expert. Grade is Good+ (2.5). Guide is $39.00 in Good, $78.00 in VG, bin is $43.00

spirit4002.jpg

th_spirit4001.jpg