• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10% off CAPTAINS, BOYS, WOMEN, BONDAGE, SPIRIT;) Etc MOST ARE GA

72 posts in this topic

Last but not least a great cover!

Bobby Benson's B-B-B Riders #14, Magazine Enterprises (ME) 1952, Ghost Rider, Horror, Decapitation, Skulls, Bondage (just a laugh a minute;) Pages are off-white, color is nice, there is a small piece off the right edge, 1/2 inch cover spine split, and the bottoms staple is only attached at the back. I purchased it on the board a while ago, and agree with that person's Grade of VG- (3.5) VG guide is $58, bin is $45.00

barbqueriders002.jpg

th_barbqueriders001.jpg

:takeit:

Bobby Benson's B-B-B Riders #14, Magazine Enterprises (ME) 1952, Ghost Rider, Horror, Decapitation, Skulls, Bondage (just a laugh a minute;) Pages are off-white, color is nice, there is a small piece off the right edge, 1/2 inch cover spine split, and the bottoms staple is only attached at the back. I purchased it on the board a while ago, and agree with that person's Grade of VG- (3.5) VG guide is $58, bin is $45.00

barbqueriders002.jpg

th_barbqueriders001.jpg

Thanks, MIke! SOLD ! (worship)

A Date with Judy #14, DC Comics, 1949, White pages, corner crease, upper right, which shows mostly on the back. Great color. Grade is Fine (6.0) Guide is $30.00, Bin is $20.00

Note:, there is a fairly well known dealer on eBay who has it listed as Scarce, but I have no idea if it is.

Adatewihtjudy002.jpg

th_Adatewihtjudy001.jpg

A Date with Judy #14, DC Comics, 1949, White pages, corner crease, upper right, which shows mostly on the back. Great color. Grade is Fine (6.0) Guide is $30.00, Bin is $20.00

Note:, there is a fairly well known dealer on eBay who has it listed as Scarce, but I have no idea if it is.

Adatewihtjudy002.jpg

th_Adatewihtjudy001.jpg

It's yours, Steve, thanks! (worship)

Hully Crow!

Howdy Girlie!

Loading up those sales at a phenomenal rate.

Got one of those one gig broadband connections I've been hearing about lately?

Rickster

barbqueriders002.jpg

th_barbqueriders001.jpg

Nice pickup...

I was hoping to send in a lowball offer ... :sorry:

barbqueriders002.jpg

th_barbqueriders001.jpg

Nice pickup...

How lowball do you want?

(tsk)

:makepoint:

lol

Thanks, Rick (you know you are the ONLY person who has permission to call me that, lol...:baiting:

And I greatly appreciate your generous dispensation to me to do so! lol

barbqueriders002.jpg

th_barbqueriders001.jpg

Nice pickup...

How lowball do you want?

(tsk)

:makepoint:

lol

I can go real low.....

suprised no one has picked up the spirit 1 book yet ....

My 3500th post.. and it goes like this..

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Captain Midnight #19, Fawcett 1944, White pages, nice color, a small tear (about 1/2 inch) to the right of the clock, a few small tears on the splash page. Some light creasing that is hard to see in the scan. Grade is Very Good- (3.5) Guide is $48 in Good and $98 in Very Good. Bin is $70.00

Captain Midnight # 53, Fawcett 1947, Laboratory Panel, White to Off-white pages, Great color, some non color breaking creasing. Grade is Very Good+ (maybe VG/F) 4.5 to 5.0. Guide is Bin is $43 in Very Good, $69 in Fine. Bin is $40.00

Captain Midnight #54, FAWCETT , 1947 Fawcett, pages are very nice, about White, there are a few small tears on the pages (no art missing) and the obvious piece off the front cover. Grade is Fair/Good (1.5) Bin is $15.00

Captain Midnight #56, Fawcett, 1957, Nice color ...off-white pages, some small tears on the book and some on the spine (about 1" top and bottom, plus a few tiny ones). A red stain in the middle of the cover, near the smoke. Grade is Good (2.0) Bin is $20.00

Captain Midnight #67, Fawcett 1946, White to off-white pages, great color on the cover and a small piece off bottom right, lots of creasing that you might not see in the scan. Cover is split about 4 inches at the bottom. There is actually some GGA art in this book, or as risque as I've seen in a Fawcett book. Grade is Good (2.0) Overstreet Guide is $20 in Good Condition. Bin is $18.00

Captain Marvel Jr. #109, Fawcett, 1952, white pages, great color, Some creasing on the top of the back cover. 2 hard to see lines (creases) diagonal on the front cover. Grade is VG+ (4.5) or a little better (it looks better than the scan in person) Guide is $44.00 in VG and $66.00 in Fine , Bin is $38.00.

Captain Marvel Story Book #4, Fawcett, 1949, An interesting concept with a page of text and a page of pictures with word balloons next to it, so the book is half text. Pages are white, there are some small tears, nice color and gloss, a slight subscription crease, much more creasing on the back than the front. Grade is VG, (4.0). Guide is $78 in VG, Bin is $45.00.

Page 2:

Captain Marvel Adventures #68, Fawcett, 1946,White to Off-white pages, great color, some non color breaking creasing on the front, some worse creasing on the back. Grade is VG+ (4.5) Guide is $60 in VG and $90 in Fine. Bin is $50.00.

Captain Marvel Adventures #130, Fawcett, 1952 White , great color, some foxing on the back, slight spine roll Grade is at least Fine (6.0), Guide is $81.00 in Fine, Bin is

$45.00

Boy Comics ( Illustories) #93, Lev Gleason, 1949, Iron Jaw, Claw, Crimebuster, Great color and gloss, but someone put a cup on the book, you can see a ring. Grade is VG (4.0) Guide is $22.00 , Bin is $12.00.

Boy Commandos # 2, 1943, Hitler cover, LAST Liberty Belle story. The book has nice color, pages are off-white to white, but there is some tanning inside the covers. Then there is the hole...which I don't think was a bullet, it only goes through half the book. Guide is $239 in Good, Bin is $200.00.

Best from BOY's LIFE #2, 1958m Classics Illustrated, in cooperation with the Boy Scouts. This is the nicest copy I've had (and I had a few) It's at least a VF (8.0.), but I think it's probably better. Guide is $42.00 bin is $20.00.

Best from BOY's LIFE #4, 1958 Classics Illustrated, in cooperation with the Boy Scouts.L.B.Cole art pages are White to Off-white, color is excellent, there is a stain on the top under the logo and on the back. Grade is VG/F, (5.0) Guide is $20.00, bin is $7.00

Best from BOY's LIFE #5, 1958 Classics Illustrated, in cooperation with the Boy Scouts.Pages are White. Very nice copy with wonderful color, but there is a stain on the back cover, so I'll grade it Fine+, Guide is $24 in Fine and $44 in VF, bin is $12.00

The Spirit #1, Fiction House 1952, Eisner. Bondage, White pages, there is a slight ripple at the bottom of the front cover, it's possible it was the victim of a cup. Great color, grade is Fine-, Guide is $86 in VG, and $138 in Fine. Bin is $100.00

The Spirit #4, Fiction house 1953, Bondage, Will Eisner, off-white to cream pages, 1.5 inch cover spine split. I think the pieces missing on the back cover, are bug chews, but I'm not an expert. Grade is Good+ (2.5). Guide is $39.00 in Good, $78.00 in VG, bin is $43.00

Page 3:

The Spirit #5, Fiction House, jMale bondage, last issue from FH. 1954, 1/2 inch cover spine split, top and bottom, white pages, sine wear. Grade is Good+ Guide is $41 in Good and $82.00 in VG. Bin is $40.00

Adventure Comics #381, 1969, the first full length Supergirl, White pages, some folds on the edges of the pages, small tears, stains and creasing. Grade is Good+ (2.5), Guide is $12.00 in Good , $24.00 in Very good. Bin is $8.00

Page 4:

A Date with Millie #3, 1960, Marvel/Atlas, Great color, gloss, off-white to white pages, tiny bit of distributor's ink on the spine, right and bottom edges. I had several of these years ago, this was the nicest copy by far. There s a small crease/bend upper right. Not sure how to grade this, but I believe it's about Fine/VF (7.0) Fine Guide is $41.00, VF is 76. Bin is $25.00

A Date with Millie #5, 1960, Marvel/Atlas, Great color, gloss, off-white to white pages, tiny bit of distributor's ink on the edges. Happy Birthday! Paper Dolls, crease/bend upper right, lower right, Grade is VG/F (5.0) Guide is $28.00 VG and $42.00 in Fine, bin is $ 20.00

Frankie and Lana , #13, Contains an Anti Wertham Editorial.Marvel ( Timely) 1947 White to slightly off-white pages, some color wear on spine, otherwise the color is nice, some NCB creasing, small tear at bottom. Grade is VG/ (4.0 ) Bin $25.00

frankieandlana002.jpg

th_frankieandlana001.jpg

And this too

A Date with Millie #3 and #5

Thanks, Rick! (worship)Sold

and I did I ever tell you, you were the "good" Rick? the one who never calls me "girlie";) ...although the "other " Rick has been doing it for 12 years, so he's forgiven;)

The "Good" Rick :cloud9: