• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10% off CAPTAINS, BOYS, WOMEN, BONDAGE, SPIRIT;) Etc MOST ARE GA

72 posts in this topic

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Captain Midnight #19, Fawcett 1944, White pages, nice color, a small tear (about 1/2 inch) to the right of the clock, a few small tears on the splash page. Some light creasing that is hard to see in the scan. Grade is Very Good- (3.5) Guide is $48 in Good and $98 in Very Good. Bin is $70.00

Captain Midnight # 53, Fawcett 1947, Laboratory Panel, White to Off-white pages, Great color, some non color breaking creasing. Grade is Very Good+ (maybe VG/F) 4.5 to 5.0. Guide is Bin is $43 in Very Good, $69 in Fine. Bin is $40.00

Captain Midnight #54, FAWCETT , 1947 Fawcett, pages are very nice, about White, there are a few small tears on the pages (no art missing) and the obvious piece off the front cover. Grade is Fair/Good (1.5) Bin is $15.00

Captain Midnight #56, Fawcett, 1957, Nice color ...off-white pages, some small tears on the book and some on the spine (about 1" top and bottom, plus a few tiny ones). A red stain in the middle of the cover, near the smoke. Grade is Good (2.0) Bin is $20.00

Captain Midnight #67, Fawcett 1946, White to off-white pages, great color on the cover and a small piece off bottom right, lots of creasing that you might not see in the scan. Cover is split about 4 inches at the bottom. There is actually some GGA art in this book, or as risque as I've seen in a Fawcett book. Grade is Good (2.0) Overstreet Guide is $20 in Good Condition. Bin is $18.00

Captain Marvel Jr. #109, Fawcett, 1952, white pages, great color, Some creasing on the top of the back cover. 2 hard to see lines (creases) diagonal on the front cover. Grade is VG+ (4.5) or a little better (it looks better than the scan in person) Guide is $44.00 in VG and $66.00 in Fine , Bin is $38.00.

Captain Marvel Story Book #4, Fawcett, 1949, An interesting concept with a page of text and a page of pictures with word balloons next to it, so the book is half text. Pages are white, there are some small tears, nice color and gloss, a slight subscription crease, much more creasing on the back than the front. Grade is VG, (4.0). Guide is $78 in VG, Bin is $45.00.

Page 2:

Captain Marvel Adventures #68, Fawcett, 1946,White to Off-white pages, great color, some non color breaking creasing on the front, some worse creasing on the back. Grade is VG+ (4.5) Guide is $60 in VG and $90 in Fine. Bin is $50.00.

Captain Marvel Adventures #130, Fawcett, 1952 White , great color, some foxing on the back, slight spine roll Grade is at least Fine (6.0), Guide is $81.00 in Fine, Bin is

$45.00

Boy Comics ( Illustories) #93, Lev Gleason, 1949, Iron Jaw, Claw, Crimebuster, Great color and gloss, but someone put a cup on the book, you can see a ring. Grade is VG (4.0) Guide is $22.00 , Bin is $12.00.

Boy Commandos # 2, 1943, Hitler cover, LAST Liberty Belle story. The book has nice color, pages are off-white to white, but there is some tanning inside the covers. Then there is the hole...which I don't think was a bullet, it only goes through half the book. Guide is $239 in Good, Bin is $200.00.

Best from BOY's LIFE #2, 1958m Classics Illustrated, in cooperation with the Boy Scouts. This is the nicest copy I've had (and I had a few) It's at least a VF (8.0.), but I think it's probably better. Guide is $42.00 bin is $20.00.

Best from BOY's LIFE #4, 1958 Classics Illustrated, in cooperation with the Boy Scouts.L.B.Cole art pages are White to Off-white, color is excellent, there is a stain on the top under the logo and on the back. Grade is VG/F, (5.0) Guide is $20.00, bin is $7.00

Best from BOY's LIFE #5, 1958 Classics Illustrated, in cooperation with the Boy Scouts.Pages are White. Very nice copy with wonderful color, but there is a stain on the back cover, so I'll grade it Fine+, Guide is $24 in Fine and $44 in VF, bin is $12.00

The Spirit #1, Fiction House 1952, Eisner. Bondage, White pages, there is a slight ripple at the bottom of the front cover, it's possible it was the victim of a cup. Great color, grade is Fine-, Guide is $86 in VG, and $138 in Fine. Bin is $100.00

The Spirit #4, Fiction house 1953, Bondage, Will Eisner, off-white to cream pages, 1.5 inch cover spine split. I think the pieces missing on the back cover, are bug chews, but I'm not an expert. Grade is Good+ (2.5). Guide is $39.00 in Good, $78.00 in VG, bin is $43.00

Page 3:

The Spirit #5, Fiction House, jMale bondage, last issue from FH. 1954, 1/2 inch cover spine split, top and bottom, white pages, sine wear. Grade is Good+ Guide is $41 in Good and $82.00 in VG. Bin is $40.00

Adventure Comics #381, 1969, the first full length Supergirl, White pages, some folds on the edges of the pages, small tears, stains and creasing. Grade is Good+ (2.5), Guide is $12.00 in Good , $24.00 in Very good. Bin is $8.00

10% off the remaining books

Thanks everyone for the purchases...invoices will go out tomorrow, the rest of the thread will be available till 7pm EST tomorrow, after that, they will be listed on eBay, so if you saw something and didn't get it, feel free to bid there:)

Captain Midnight #54,56, 67 are sold!

(worship)

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Captain Midnight #19, Fawcett 1944, White pages, nice color, a small tear (about 1/2 inch) to the right of the clock, a few small tears on the splash page. Some light creasing that is hard to see in the scan. Grade is Very Good- (3.5) Guide is $48 in Good and $98 in Very Good. Bin is $70.00

Captain Midnight # 53, Fawcett 1947, Laboratory Panel, White to Off-white pages, Great color, some non color breaking creasing. Grade is Very Good+ (maybe VG/F) 4.5 to 5.0. Guide is Bin is $43 in Very Good, $69 in Fine. Bin is $40.00

Captain Marvel Jr. #109, Fawcett, 1952, white pages, great color, Some creasing on the top of the back cover. 2 hard to see lines (creases) diagonal on the front cover. Grade is VG+ (4.5) or a little better (it looks better than the scan in person) Guide is $44.00 in VG and $66.00 in Fine , Bin is $38.00.

Captain Marvel Story Book #4, Fawcett, 1949, An interesting concept with a page of text and a page of pictures with word balloons next to it, so the book is half text. Pages are white, there are some small tears, nice color and gloss, a slight subscription crease, much more creasing on the back than the front. Grade is VG, (4.0). Guide is $78 in VG, Bin is $45.00.

Page 2:

Captain Marvel Adventures #68, Fawcett, 1946,White to Off-white pages, great color, some non color breaking creasing on the front, some worse creasing on the back. Grade is VG+ (4.5) Guide is $60 in VG and $90 in Fine. Bin is $50.00.

Captain Marvel Adventures #130, Fawcett, 1952 White , great color, some foxing on the back, slight spine roll Grade is at least Fine (6.0), Guide is $81.00 in Fine, Bin is

$45.00

Boy Comics ( Illustories) #93, Lev Gleason, 1949, Iron Jaw, Claw, Crimebuster, Great color and gloss, but someone put a cup on the book, you can see a ring. Grade is VG (4.0) Guide is $22.00 , Bin is $12.00.

Boy Commandos # 2, 1943, Hitler cover, LAST Liberty Belle story. The book has nice color, pages are off-white to white, but there is some tanning inside the covers. Then there is the hole...which I don't think was a bullet, it only goes through half the book. Guide is $239 in Good, Bin is $200.00.

Best from BOY's LIFE #2, 1958m Classics Illustrated, in cooperation with the Boy Scouts. This is the nicest copy I've had (and I had a few) It's at least a VF (8.0.), but I think it's probably better. Guide is $42.00 bin is $20.00.

Best from BOY's LIFE #4, 1958 Classics Illustrated, in cooperation with the Boy Scouts.L.B.Cole art pages are White to Off-white, color is excellent, there is a stain on the top under the logo and on the back. Grade is VG/F, (5.0) Guide is $20.00, bin is $7.00

Best from BOY's LIFE #5, 1958 Classics Illustrated, in cooperation with the Boy Scouts.Pages are White. Very nice copy with wonderful color, but there is a stain on the back cover, so I'll grade it Fine+, Guide is $24 in Fine and $44 in VF, bin is $12.00

The Spirit #1, Fiction House 1952, Eisner. Bondage, White pages, there is a slight ripple at the bottom of the front cover, it's possible it was the victim of a cup. Great color, grade is Fine-, Guide is $86 in VG, and $138 in Fine. Bin is $100.00

The Spirit #4, Fiction house 1953, Bondage, Will Eisner, off-white to cream pages, 1.5 inch cover spine split. I think the pieces missing on the back cover, are bug chews, but I'm not an expert. Grade is Good+ (2.5). Guide is $39.00 in Good, $78.00 in VG, bin is $43.00

Page 3:

The Spirit #5, Fiction House, jMale bondage, last issue from FH. 1954, 1/2 inch cover spine split, top and bottom, white pages, sine wear. Grade is Good+ Guide is $41 in Good and $82.00 in VG. Bin is $40.00

Adventure Comics #381, 1969, the first full length Supergirl, White pages, some folds on the edges of the pages, small tears, stains and creasing. Grade is Good+ (2.5), Guide is $12.00 in Good , $24.00 in Very good. Bin is $8.00