• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Avengers trailer...some good shots of the Hulk!

112 posts in this topic

I Love it. Can't wait. I would love to see the Hulk try to pick Thor's hammer up but can't. But see CA pick up Thor's hammer. Perhaps a small Hulk vs Thor grudge. Something. Even a cameo crossover of other heroes or a name drop of them fighting somewhere else in the world. I'm a dreamer.

I dunno, Black Widow looks pretty good to me... :cloud9:

Of course she does, but I feel the same way about her and Hawkeye as I used to back in the day with Aquaman, Green Arrow and the Atom in the JLA.

That scene of the Showdown with Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Cap just seems silly. What the heck is a Glock gonna do gainst the Minions of loki???

Still, it looks quite impressive and I love the way that almost all the Main characters are carried over from their own Movies...

first word avengers very very good but not cinematic enough :popcorn:

With the film only a couple of months away, no surprise to hear that most of the brass at Marvel and also distrib Disney have seen “The Avengers”.

The word, according to the oft-reliable ‘Quint’ at Aint it Cool, is that the film delivers. Marvel feel they’ve their best superhero film yet.

The only complaint? Some say it’s not “cinematic” enough.

Now that could mean two things.

Firstly, it could mean that director Joss Whedon’s experience at mostly directing television has crept in, and as such, he’s shot the thing to look and play-out like an episode – albeit a very good one – of “Buffy, the Vampire Slayer” or “Dollhouse”.

But since Whedon’s already proven he knows what big, flashy and blockbustery looks with his 1995 gem “Serenity”, I can’t see the filmmaker handing in something to the studio that looks like it shares the production values of a “Hardcastle & McCormick” episode.

I think what’s likely more the case is that some at Marvel have noticed that Whedon, as he usually does, has shot a movie that’s got as much if not more emphasis on story and character than it has eye-candy. Personally, I think that’s a good thing, nothing like a solid mix of both, but obviously the money-men are going to want to see where those millions went, and more so, want some ‘cool looking stuff’ to show off in their TV spots.

Whatever the case, sounds like “The Avengers” is gonna be a winner.

Quint said :

Word ’round the campfire is Marvel considers The Avengers to be their best outing yet. I’ve talked to some cynics in the group who weren’t sure it was going to come together and they’re all doing their mea culpas now. They say it has the heart, the action, the humor and the suspense a movie like The Avengers should have. The only criticisms I’ve heard is that Whedon’s eye isn’t as cinematic as it should be, but that the rest of the movie is so good that you accept it.

Whatcha think? Think it’ll deliver?

I think I'll use this moment of stage time to voice my displeasure with the changes Youtube has made to their streaming content. You can't pause the video to let it load anymore. When you pause, the load stops. If you let the video play all the way through and thus completely loading the stream, then go back to the beginning to watch the loaded video, Youtube makes you download the stream again from scratch.

My computer is old and only plays video at about 3 frames per second unless you let the video completely load. Youtube has officially killed my ability to watch anything on their site. Thanks, you individual_without_enough_empathys.

The audio and couple of still photos that I saw were pretty cool, though. :censored:

I think I'll use this moment of stage time to voice my displeasure with the changes Youtube has made to their streaming content. You can't pause the video to let it load anymore. When you pause, the load stops. If you let the video play all the way through and thus completely loading the stream, then go back to the beginning to watch the loaded video, Youtube makes you download the stream again from scratch.

My computer is old and only plays video at about 3 frames per second unless you let the video completely load. Youtube has officially killed my ability to watch anything on their site. Thanks, you individual_without_enough_empathys.

The audio and couple of still photos that I saw were pretty cool, though. :censored:

A) get a new PC

B) watch it on your smartphone

C) go to your public library