• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Avengers trailer...some good shots of the Hulk!

112 posts in this topic

Has anyone here thought that maybe they wanted to have a couple of

individuals who are not a GOD, a technologically enhanced fighting machine,

a ragging beast, or a meta-human, maybe, just maybe, to be able to just be

human???

:gossip: Hawkeye...

human???

:gossip: Hawkeye...

What about him?? And what make you think that he is the the ones I am

talking about??

human???

Me.

human???

Me.

(worship):applause:

There is only one reason she is in the flick - and it ain't her fighting ability.

Nobody likes a sausage party.

I get it and agree - but why not introduce a character who was actually in the book (Wasp) at the beginning?

Don't know. I never really put much thought into it, as the inclusion of Black Widow never bothered me. They could have put Squirrel Girl in there, I'd still go watch.

human???

Personally, I'm pleased to see Cap, Hawkeye and the Widow on the team. I think it's just fair to acknowledge that in reality they wouldn't be as effective as creators allow them to be portrayed in comics and movies. That doesn't bother me though as all these concepts require suspension of disbelief and I just go to the movie to enjoy it rather than to pick holes in the logic of superhuman fantasy stories.

human???

Personally, I'm pleased to see Cap, Hawkeye and the Widow on the team. I think it's just fair to acknowledge that in reality they wouldn't be as effective as creators allow them to be portrayed in comics and movies. That doesn't bother me though as all these concepts require suspension of disbelief and I just go to the movie to enjoy it rather than to pick holes in the logic of superhuman fantasy stories.

Agreed. (Well, except for the "in reality" part, but I get where you're coming from) (thumbs u

everything looks good except Black Widow and Hawkeye. Quite frankly they could have left them out of the movie.

+1

That's what I was thinking. Hawkeye a little more I can understand, just a little... but... well which one of these don't fit..

Thor

Hulk

Black Widow

Iron Man

Captain America

She's a hot chick who knows some judo with a gun... a bit out of place among a God, the most powerful being in the world, a genius in a billion-dollar armored suit, and a genetically altered super-soldier with an indestructible shield.

Would have much rather seen Giant-man and Wasp.

everything looks good except Black Widow and Hawkeye. Quite frankly they could have left them out of the movie.

+1

That's what I was thinking. Hawkeye a little more I can understand, just a little... but... well which one of these don't fit..

Thor

Hulk

Black Widow

Iron Man

Captain America

She's a hot chick who knows some judo with a gun... a bit out of place among a God, the most powerful being in the world, a genius in a billion-dollar armored suit, and a genetically altered super-soldier with an indestructible shield.

Would have much rather seen Giant-man and Wasp.

Black Widow brings more to the table than just a gun.

She's a Russian super spy, so she's probably is (or is supposed to be) a decent strategist, might have intel etc.

Not sure how much of this they will write into the movies.

I agree that as far as Hollywood is concerned, they probably just wanted a pretty face.

Who else besides me thinks that the spaceship at the end of the trailer looks like it could be right out of the Annihilus Wave, as seen in the "Annihilation" Mini-Series from a few years ago? If you get a closer look, the front or you could even say "face" has a big resemblance to Annihilus' face and looks a little bit like an insect . And it's somehow "alive" or whatever (it moves as if it would be alive).

Some information about Annihilus (from Wikipedia): Untold millennia ago, the Tyannans, a technologically-advanced semi-humanoid/leonine species of the antimatter universe the Negative Zone, seeded barren worlds with life spores. A freak meteor collision hurled one of their ships into the volcanic planet Arthros, where the crew released their spores before starving to death. Many generations later, a descendant from one of these spores, a weak insectoid creature, presented a mutation which made it extremely intelligent. The creature found the Tyannan starship wreckage and used a knowledge transference helmet to master the advanced Tyannan technology. This enhanced his intelligence and strength, creating a "Cosmic Control Rod" and body armaments. Obsessed with survival, the paranoid creature, which came to be known as Annihilus, set out to destroy any other living being he viewed as a possible threat to his existence.